The Chainlink

Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138536

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes. Steady headwind from the north around 9, not sure it translated to a tailwind around 2.

Not a single car passed me from Roosevelt to Division on Oakley. I encountered one cyclist at Grand who looked like he was on his way to a photo shoot for the Colorado Cyclist catalogue. He seemed kind of dazed . . .probably still wondering why I rang my bell at him.

Got 98.1 miles in 5 days. If I get 200 miles in 10 days, I'm buying myself a cross.
I must say after starting to ride this past winter and now the warm up, I'm finding it very hard dressing down!! Do i wear gloves, double socks?? Out in the burbs a cyclist doesn't usually have to worry about potholes, just people texting or doing their makeup while driving.
This might be moot depending on what kind of precip we get today, but the North Branch trail wasn't too bad on Saturday.  I went from the southern end to just past the Edens tunnel before I got sick of the occasional snow/ice patches and turrned around.  But for the first 8 miles or so it was mostly clear, with a short unmelted patch every mile or two.  Be careful going north thru that tunnel though; there's a big ice mound formed from leaking water in the center and at the north entrance.
winter has finally eaten my daily rider winter bike.  chain straight up snapped on me. bottom bracket is grinding, and my wheel hubs hate me.  onto the spring bike, lets hope we dont get too much salt on the roads again

no

i fear 30 - 32 degrees with drizzle more than sub-zero riding

anybody seeing ice out there?

No ride today. Your rain was our snow. We had 12" this morning. Now I have to wait till everything is cleaned up.......

Yes.

Damp pavement, not a hint of ice, spring warmth in the air.

Didn't see any ice, it is damp but that is it. Great day for riding. No traffic due to the President's Day made my day a joyous one.

in it to win it said:

no

i fear 30 - 32 degrees with drizzle more than sub-zero riding

anybody seeing ice out there?

Rode in this stupid light snow today, gave me some great opportunities to work on my tail slides.  Fun time all the time.
Didn't ride today but was out by the lake for a run.  There's patches of ice on some of the pavement and roads and it seemed to be getting worse later in the evening.  If the temps keep dropping and the snow continues, it'll probably get a bit worse.
Seeing my own tire track patterns on the way back home is fun, seeing other tire track patterns is even more interesting.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service