The Chainlink

Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138532

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What did they do? construction on the bathrooms?

Simon Phearson said:

Would've biked, but my office building has decided to make bike commuting impossible for a couple of days. Very frustrating.

It's complicated. They're doing some work in the fitness center that is compatible with locker room access and usage. They told me yesterday morning that I'd be able to use the locker room while the work was being done. Then yesterday afternoon they decided to do some unspecified locker room "maintenance" during the same period that, upon further inquiry, apparently turned out to be some emergency grout work that they didn't realize they needed to do until after I'd called them yesterday morning. At the same time, they're closing off the bike room tomorrow without giving bikers any alternative bike parking options.

Not literally "impossible," but the effort required to figure out alternative solutions for the bike commute just doesn't seem worth it, for the brevity of the closure. By the time I've bought a jumbo pack of baby wipes and found a safe outdoor parking spot, things'll be open again.

Robert Underwood said:

What did they do? construction on the bathrooms?

Simon Phearson said:

Would've biked, but my office building has decided to make bike commuting impossible for a couple of days. Very frustrating.

I thought I had a mechanical problem today but it was just a cruel headwind.  Kind of an April Fool....

Headwind headwind go away, come again some other day.  I raced a bus this morning on Clark into E-town.  There were two buses in a row, stopped at a bus stop.  I was just passed one as they started moving.  by the time I got half way up on the second one in front it was going as fast as I was, so I had to break into a dead sprint to get in front and cut back towards the curb.  I blew the next light (safely) and never saw that bus again.

It just better not rain before six-thirty or so this afternoon.

....and it didn't.  So. tired. right. now.   I think that's all for me until this weekend.

Forgot how much a treat a good rain ride is.

Sorry to hear Jennifer on the lake.
And EssFresh...hell yea. I saw about one else on a bike til I rolled into Ogden and washtenaw. We both shouted woo hoo hell yea kinda good mornings. I think it may have been dan from WB, but don't know. Whatever the case, is there anything more fun than that stream of water between a wheel and fender jetting out?

I rode through it, but I don't know that I'd describe the experience as a "treat."

Great rain ride, my rain gear actually was needed the whole time for once!!!  only thing is my gloves were soaked and rain was soaking into my sockies and shoesies where filled by the end of ride.  All I need is some hi-top hiking shoes or boots so that my rain pants over lap the top and don't touch me sockies.  woo woo woo

great ride though.

Im with EssFresh and grayn8, how could you argue with that free bike wash and street sweep?! 

Protip: bring an extra pair of socks to work. 

Is there any amount of gortex that would keep you dry on a day like this? 

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service