Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138968

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm ridiculously proud of myself for getting back on the bike after many weeks away avoiding ice/snow build up in bike lanes. Did 5.5 miles on Divvy, while 7 months pregnant! Woo!

It's that weird temperature where you are one layer away from being perfectly comfortable or a sweaty mess. A lot of the pot holes have been filled on my route, which is an unexpected treat.

So, for all my fellow west in the am riders. The wind this morning had my quads screaming. For all you easy east bounders - enjoy the tail, but watch out for the cross.

Easy to trackstand with a 20+ mph wind to lean on! I felt like I was being whipped around pretty good especially in the wind tunnel on Clark in-between Dickens and Armitage. 

I've enjoyed being able to ride my Medici the past couple days. What a treat...

crazy wind, hitting me from every side, but mostly head and cross.  you know its windy when you can hear the sound of the wind whistle past your spokes.  last night I wore shorts, one shirt and no gloves home, this morning was back to full coverage.

AM 9.5 said:

Coming from the west, the tail was amazing this morning. 

Would've biked, but my office building has decided to make bike commuting impossible for a couple of days. Very frustrating.

What did they do? construction on the bathrooms?

Simon Phearson said:

Would've biked, but my office building has decided to make bike commuting impossible for a couple of days. Very frustrating.

It's complicated. They're doing some work in the fitness center that is compatible with locker room access and usage. They told me yesterday morning that I'd be able to use the locker room while the work was being done. Then yesterday afternoon they decided to do some unspecified locker room "maintenance" during the same period that, upon further inquiry, apparently turned out to be some emergency grout work that they didn't realize they needed to do until after I'd called them yesterday morning. At the same time, they're closing off the bike room tomorrow without giving bikers any alternative bike parking options.

Not literally "impossible," but the effort required to figure out alternative solutions for the bike commute just doesn't seem worth it, for the brevity of the closure. By the time I've bought a jumbo pack of baby wipes and found a safe outdoor parking spot, things'll be open again.

Robert Underwood said:

What did they do? construction on the bathrooms?

Simon Phearson said:

I thought I had a mechanical problem today but it was just a cruel headwind.  Kind of an April Fool....

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service