The Chainlink

Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138529

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Pleasant ride on the southside LFP this morning but for some drifting here and there. Praying that I can get back home under the wire this evening, before things get too... complicated. Thinking about going for a true snow ride tomorrow - always seems to be a good workout.

It's darn near tropical out there!  Beautiful ride this morn.  Some weeks go by with no issues, some days you get cut off by 3 different cars on the same commute.  Like today.

I wish I would get up ten minutes earlier so I could take LFP instead of Clark street.  Its quicker for me.  This morning going north on Clark into E-town had a slight headwind, the roads were a little bit sloppier than yesterday, but way sloppier in E-town.  Plow much? no. :)  Someone almost pulled out of a parking spot in Rogers Park to almost hit me.  Gave em a friendly wave of my mitten so theyd know I was there.  Good ride over all.  Nice temperature, felt just right with one balaclava and three layers up top.

Perfect winter morning ride. Not too cold, no wind, and light traffic.

I really should have ridden today.  Last night was so nice.  Hopefully there won't be too much snow falling but enough on the ground to rent skis over at northerly island for a few hours, tomorrow.

Finally got a longer ride in this morning (I've been riding every day through this crazy winter, but have a supershort commute) and was struck by the number of terrible, scary potholes. I'm headed back downtown later today, and hope to give myself more time to note and call in some of the worst ones. The Polar Vortexes have been brutal on pavement. Watch where you ride, friends!

Happy Friday!

that is so much more appealing to me than where I rode this morning.  ahhh...  car free.

Adam Herstein (5.5 mi) said:

Half of my commute to the Loop is on the Lake Front Trail; for the rest I take Oak, Wells, Kinzie, and Dearborn. But yes, it's is nice to ride car-free.

Robert Underwood said:

that is so much more appealing to me than where I rode this morning.  ahhh...  car free.

Adam Herstein (5.5 mi) said:

I really wanted to ride today and do the Mass but have too much to bring back home. So...I used Divvy for the first time this afternoon. I had an appointment near Wishbone and brought my helmet with me. Cheaper, greener and cooler than a cab.  I didn't have time to burn on a two way walk.  I will do that again if I have to be within a few  miles of the loop and  didn't bring my own bike. 

Nice! :) I agree, the flexibility that Divvy allows is a real boon.

David Barish said:

I really wanted to ride today and do the Mass but have too much to bring back home. So...I used Divvy for the first time this afternoon. I had an appointment near Wishbone and brought my helmet with me. Cheaper, greener and cooler than a cab.  I didn't have time to burn on a two way walk.  I will do that again if I have to be within a few  miles of the loop and  didn't bring my own bike. 

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service