The Chainlink

Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138537

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How about Koval? Rye based vodka made in Andersonville.

Haven't tried it (I don't drink Vodka), but they are sharing a building with Metropolitan Brewing, which makes some awesome beers. So it must be good vodka.

Made in the
Serge Lubomudrov said:

Interesting. I did not know that. Out of curiosity, I googled this, and found this old Slate article, which named Chopin "far and away the best vodka" tried by the author and his colleagues. Still, I don't like it. Actually, last few times I tried vodka straight, as I prefer, it was (almost) locally produced: 45th Parallel (corn-based, Wisconsin); Rehorst (Great Lakes Distillery, also WI, made from grain); and Death's Door (yet again, grain and Wisconsin). All three are very good.
Buy American! :)

Kevin Conway said:

I had a father-in-law with celiac disease. United States liquor stores (as defined by Binny's and Sam's [RIP]) have surprisingly few vodkas available which are distilled from Potatoes.

Last night's ride home = fun; made tracks in light fresh snow.

This morning just a little flurries; should be more snow by tonight.

Rest of this week looks OK.

Halsted/Lincoln/Wells still good shape.

Grapes instead of grains last night ';-)

I wasn't sure if I was going to ride today because it was snowing. I haven't ridden in snowfall very often. I think just two times.

If you're curious to know what I decided and how I arrived at the decision, here's my process:

http://bikewinter.org/node/141

All in all, a nice week for biking considering it's January in Chicago! 

I like seeing some daylight now on my way to work, keep it coming!

All of my commute streets, Halsted/Lincoln/Wells/Franklin, were mostly ice/snow free and fine for regular tires.

Current issue is how changing Franklin into a two-way street has rendered almost all drivers senselesss; have to stay on your toes on Franklin!

i shed a layer today. i think im still overdressing. but once i got off the metra in the burbs, i was cold.  forgot to take that jacket of while i was sitting on the train. probably woulda been fine otherwise.

and the inner fingers on my lobster gloves keep getting twisted on the inside. drives me nuts...feels like wearing shoes that are too small. i cant seem to be able to fix it.

215 miles ridden this month so far.  i expect about another 30 or so for the month of january

in it to win it said:

Current issue is how changing Franklin into a two-way street has rendered almost all drivers senselesss; have to stay on your toes on Franklin!

Closing Wacker for reconstruction has made all the north-south loop street noticably worse. It won't end anytime soon.
Looks like we're going to be in good shape with temps until mid next week. Yay!
Nice ride up Sheridan this morning with a light wind.  Still looking forward to spring.

No need to state the obvious for this week; but I will . . .

Dress appropriately and bike safely. 

Check weather constantly as the weather gods change their whim frequently.

All this hub-bub may be no issue or may make for some very interesting riding.

One good thing about working for a company who has an excellent safety record: I was told to work from home Tuesday and Wednesday. 

Poor me....

I definitely rode today and it was very nice, almost too warm, but tomorrow is dependent on all the hub-bub about a blizzard. I can deal with blinding snow, but I refuse to ride in in winds over 20-25mph as the last time I did that I literally was pushed sideways into traffic which made for a not-so-pleasant experience. Please be safe out there everyone!
if we get the snow they are suggesting (and im hoping for) and many of us ride in the blizzard...pictures.  need pictures...or it didnt happen

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service