Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138964

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

40 miles of Lakefront riding today was awesome.

I agree with Adam.  I live and work on Lincoln and its not a great street to ride. My son's friend was just doored on Lincoln and Pensacola this past weekend June 15 (+ - a day) 2013.

So foggy this morning along the lake!

Wow.  30+ degree temp change.  Mother Nature, you are messed up!

Whoa! Nice pic Adam.... now I see why I felt so much moisture in the air when I got off the Metra at Union Station and jumped on my bike to go to work! I didn't see any of that haze, but I sure felt it. The far north 'burbs were clear and sunny this morning... actually quite cool now that I think about it.

Thanks! I loved how the fog was obscuring all of the Streeterville skyscrapers just half a mile away.

That's exactly what it looked like, and I thought about snapping a pic - thanks Adam!

Did anyone else eat a zillion bugs yesterday's ride home? I have to learn to ride with my mouth shut. No bugs in today's morning chill..

Such a beautiful morning on the lake.  And I saw a guy on a fat bike doing an incredible track stand in the bike lane at Madison and State and Madison and Dearborn.  I had no idea that could be done!

Fat bikes don't just stand upright on their own? XD

Lisa Curcio 6.5 mi said:

Such a beautiful morning on the lake.  And I saw a guy on a fat bike doing an incredible track stand in the bike lane at Madison and State and Madison and Dearborn.  I had no idea that could be done!

I managed to finally find my way properly from the Channel Trail and Lawrence to Elston and California.  Nice ride in.  It's a couple miles longer than my usual commute from Evanston via Clark, and about one mile longer than taking the LFT.  Big bonuses:

• The Channel Trail goes under a number of big east-west streets - few stops or auto interactions
  • The Manor/California connection to Elston is fairly nice (a bit of road work on California right now, however)
  • Elston's bike lane is very nice: wide, relatively long distances between signals, etc

The Channel Trail is good in the morning and late at night.  Its not so good in early evening as it is crowded with other users and those of us who do not believe that we have lightening quick reflexes have to slow down a lot to keep everyone safe.   Avoiding the major (and minor) East West is nice however...

As for today, a real nice day for a ride.    Just about perfect weather.   Set new time for the year on the commute.

Skip Montanaro 12mi said:

I managed to finally find my way properly from the Channel Trail and Lawrence to Elston and California.  Nice ride in.  It's a couple miles longer than my usual commute from Evanston via Clark, and about one mile longer than taking the LFT.  Big bonuses:

• The Channel Trail goes under a number of big east-west streets - few stops or auto interactions
  • The Manor/California connection to Elston is fairly nice (a bit of road work on California right now, however)
  • Elston's bike lane is very nice: wide, relatively long distances between signals, etc

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service