Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138965

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks, Lisa. No matter the weather there are always shots lurking about for someone to discover them.

Lisa Curcio 4.0 mi said:

Gene, with the weather the way it was, I don't know how you got those photos.  Jen, ouch!  At least tomorrow the weather is supposed to be better.

I am glad you know not to use a helmet once it has been crashed.

yaj 3.2 said:

I rode a couple of hours in a steady cold drizzle this morning.  Yuk.  Then my tires slid out from under me over a thickly painted manhole cover.  I smacked my hip & shoulder and cracked my helmet, but all things considered, I feel ok.  Luckily, I have another helmet, so I can ride to work tomorrow.

Yup! Gloves and a hat in June?!

Gosh, a few clouds and a few drips really emptied the LFP of cyclists, joggers, walkers, and roller bladers.  Nice ride!

And I saw a woman riding northbound near Belmont Harbor with the funniest looking helmet.  It was pointy in the front and was sticking up in the air.  I did not realize the problem until a few seconds after she passed me.

Was she riding backwards, too, Lisa? On the way home last night a young man passed me - everyone passes me - and on the back in the center of his helmet was a mirror. Does anyone know the value of this addition?

Lisa Curcio 4.0 mi said:

And I saw a woman riding northbound near Belmont Harbor with the funniest looking helmet.  It was pointy in the front and was sticking up in the air.  I did not realize the problem until a few seconds after she passed me.

I thought helmets were somewhat backwards proof since the clip and inside parts make it so there is really no other way to put the helmet on. Although I haven't seen the inside of all helmets, just the one I wear.

:)

One would think so, but I have heard of people wearing them backward. 

First one I actually saw in the wild, though. :-)

Domenica Cresap said:

I thought helmets were somewhat backwards proof since the clip and inside parts make it so there is really no other way to put the helmet on. Although I haven't seen the inside of all helmets, just the one I wear.

:)

First day of my new commute. Quite a bit longer than my last commute. Nice ride though, especially with it being a little chilly.

Was that an honest to goodness tailwind this morning, or has it been so long without a headwind I'm merely confused?

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service