The Chainlink

Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138531

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

like you were pedaling and not going anywhere?   I've done that before on Wells where it intersects with Lincoln.

Julia C 7.5 mi said:

I caught a CRAZY headwind on Harrison that stopped me in my tracks. The pedestrians on the corner looked at me like I was absolutely nuts :)

Windy days like this make me LOVE my fairing.  Looking forward to 'bent commuting, once I get the hang of it :)

It was sprinkling when I left my place, halfway through on Milwaukee the heavens opened up with winds, rain, frozen stuff, thunder....it was AWESOME!!!!

Light cold rain, sky dark and heavy, rolling thunder, an unusual crispness to everything, traffic unusually light.

Good ride.

Agreed with you all, this morning was spectacular! Wind at my back, rain on my face, and there were traffic lights out on Ashland, so I got to fly through stopped traffic for 3 miles! Much Fun. 

Another beautiful day in Seattle...

I decided to brave the rain this morning.  Had a fine commute.  Time to flip my clothes on the drying rack carpet though. :-)

Had to break back out some of the winter gear...balaclava, liners and mitts.

Am surprised that I have been able to get away with just wearing a light, silk-weight bottom layer under an uninsulated windbreaker and some water/wind-proof pants.

Had to take a "sick" day yesterday. Tummy was beyond upset.

That makes 2 days that I have missed riding to and from work this year (1st day was for the interview for this new promotion, 2nd was bad tummy  ----  :(

Respectfully,

Manny

My gloves fell in a puddle as I was heading out the door so I rode bare-handed and it was allright.

Historically I've done a good job riding between the raindrops on rainy days, but this year I seem to be getting caught in the rain pretty consistently.

Manny, there seems to be some sort of stomach thing going around...

Ha! Yes exactly! oh wait, there still isn't a decent coffeeshop within walking distance of my house. Crap!

in it to win it 8.0 mi said:

Let's open one.

Tony Adams 6.6 mi said:

Ha! Yes exactly! oh wait, there still isn't a decent coffeeshop within walking distance of my house. Crap!

in it to win it 8.0 mi said:

I rode Thursday and Friday.  Friday's commute turned out bad both ways.  I flatted on the LFT just around La Salle, so I walked over the Clark and threw my bike on the bus.  I just missed the 22, so took a 36 and had to walk a few extra blocks to get to work.

After work I took my little bag of bike stuff downstairs and repaired the flat with a new tube (looked like a sharp flake of rock or shell took out my tube).  Took me awhile, 'cuz like a fool I didn't put my glasses on.  Off I went.  Something didn't feel right as I got just out of the Loop, so I circled back toward Kozy Cycles and inspected things.  I couldn't see anything obviously wrong, so off I went.  I missed my turn on Dearborn and didn't realize it until I got to Rush.  Whoops.  Left turn, proceed a couple blocks, then flat again!  Now I had a decent walk back to Kozy.  Thankfully, they are open until 8.  Having no other tubes or patch kits, and not wanting to try a repair in the rain anyway, I paid them to fix the flat.  (I could have just bought a tube and done it myself, but I also wasn't confident that I hadn't missed something else in the tire.)

Oh, one other thing. Sprint's voice service was out in the Loop area.  The folks at Kozy let me use their phone to call my wife and let her know I was delayed.

Two thumbs up for Kozy...

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service