The Chainlink

Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138510

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Still chilly in the mornings, but yesterday afternoon it was pretty crowded.  This morning there were more bikes headed into town than I've seen all winter.

The rush has begun, lets all keep Jenn's happy thoughts and smile and wave at each other! 

Also, it is much easier to go fast in the warmth of the sun. I almost plowed myself into two garbage trucks over the last 3 days. :P

For More Bike Ride Photos from Today, Click Here.

I was intending to ride today. The first warm(er) weather we've had in a while, only to be thwarted by some pretty strong winds. Curse you, Red Baron!

Got some miles in on the Salt Creek Bicycle Trail with the family today. Very nice: Linky

Weather permitting, we'll hit it again tomorrow.

40+ miles to the Botanic Garden and back. Return trip against the wind. Much harder, but it was great to be out.

yes.wet.ugh.

Soaked... But a wonderful ride!

I saw rain in the forecast, not... skies will open up and dump months worth of rain on you in 45 minutes... Was thinking the first 5 miles or so were fine, but then my normally waterproof shoes (and feet) got soaked so I was grumpy by the time I got to the office.  Hopefully the ride home will make up for it.

Rain jacket, waterproof boots, rain pants, baseball cap under helmet, clear glasses = dry but hot! But the forecast was for 60 degrees and partly sunny going home, so that was the carrot!

Left the camera's memory card in the computer. Grrr. The only time I like sideways rain is when I am not in it. Grrr, grrr.

I was all set to bail on riding (and continue the 30-day challenge this evening) when I started to

venture out for the bus stop. I saw the bike hanging there and decided to put on three layers

and go for it. feet got soaked but that was about it. thanks to the 30-day challenge the CTA

will have $4.50 less today...as usual I hope everything will be dry by tonight. it's still no fun

putting on smelly wet clothes at the end of the day to go home. but heck; if it really is sunny

(or even partly) I will celebrate on the roof tonight with a beer smelly clothes be damned...

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service