The Chainlink

Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138531

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bill Savage said:

Now, where are those deer and antelope playing?

Not today but yesterday. It was delightful until... Left the loop around 615 and figured that I would turn on my light around 7.  At that time I went to do so and lo and behold, the light was not there.  Somehow it had become dislodged from its mount without the addled rider being aware.  I was sure it must have happened around the post office on Lincoln north of Addison where the road leaves something to be desired.  I retraced my pedals but found nothing. It got pretty dark towards the end of the ride but I got home ok and it was an inexpensive light.

I totally underdressed today.... 

For more bike ride photos from today, click here.

I packed rain gear because they said it would be raining this afternoon at the time I leave.  No rain, but I was glad to have it anyway.  With that headwind, I could not have gotten warm enough in my shorts and short-sleeved shirt no matter how hard I tried.  And I was trying hard!

Julie Hochstadter said:

I totally underdressed today.... 

Southbound @ 11:30 AM LFP, fun!

Northbound @ 4:00 PM LFP, fun? Actually it was not that bad, had a bike buddy that swapped riding out front with every few min making the run from the chess boards to just north of Wilson quick and not bad at all.

For more bike ride photos from today's glorious commute, click here.

Glorious!  And, unlike last night, no whitecaps on the lagoon!

I'm loving this cooler weather! It's certainly a welcome change from the 100° heat we had this summer.

Yes - after experiencing the 'spring' that really wasn't spring (or so it felt) this is a nice and welcome change. I've always said that perfect cycling weather falls between 50 and 70 degrees. 

For more bike ride photos from today's Mexican Independence Day Parade, click here.

A lot of miles at less than 10mph? I was out  tagging the north shore.  The 25 mile route for the North Shore Century is marked! Little flecks of orange spray paint are now on my new Nashbar Sandals.  They are finally broken in.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service