The Chainlink

Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138510

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Spectacular photos.  Will you share your route?  I do not recognize the statues or the gardens.

I rode to run errands today.  I love to ride before noon on Sundays.  There are few people out either on cars, on foot, or on bicycles.  I find myself trying different routes to get to and from, and seeing different faces of the city. 

For more bike ride photos from the day we honor labor, click here.

Some really good ones today, Gene.  I was in many of the same places late this morning--the piles of sand and gravel, the fellow in the green shirt on the motorized wheel chair, in particular.  Although he was on the pier when I went by. Love the one with the flamingo in the mirror.

PLUS ONE

Lisa Curcio said:

Some really good ones today, Gene.

Thanks, both. I remember this comment from years ago: "Ryne Sandberg is not a great second baseman because of the dozen balls he fielded during today's game. He is a great second baseman because of the hundreds of balls he fielded before the start of today's game." I am not comparing myself to Ryne, but there really is only one way to improve. If you are on a bike, ride more. If you are a photographer, shoot more and delete the bad ones.

Gerry G said:

PLUS ONE

Lisa Curcio said:

Some really good ones today, Gene.

For more bike commute photos from today, click here.

For more bike commute photos from today, click here.

I see you were underway when the rain started ;-).  I just beat it.  Now this afternoon looks like it should be interesting!

Yup. I had to stop, though, to put a kitchen baggie over my backpack. This afternoon I plan on weaving between the raindrops.

Lisa Curcio said:

I see you were underway when the rain started ;-).  I just beat it.  Now this afternoon looks like it should be interesting!

I hope the guy that followed me down Lincoln & Wells made his way to Northwestern. I am glad to help someone out on their first day of biking, however, I am not the best at giving directions! Good Luck NW Guy, hope you have caught the bike bug! 

For more bike ride photos from today, click here.

Left early...beat the rain  ';-)

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service