The Chainlink

Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138540

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The fireworks display from south of Belmont Harbor was as good as or better than fireworks I have seen off Navy Pier.  We were wondering who was doing it.  If a mess was left, seems it was private rather than some organization.  I usually ride through about 7:15 a.m., but chickened out today.

The north side was quite a mess early this morning with trash from the all day picnickers.  Glad to hear it is cleaned up.

For more bike ride photos from today, click here.

11:00 to 1:00. One of those days when it is nice to face a headwind.

There was a whole good sized tree toppled from its base on the west side of the LFP between Diversey and Fullerton this morning.  Was not too bad heading in.  Hoping for the wind to shift to the northeast for the ride home!

Nice first ride in the COLD.

LOL!  LFP at 9:30 a.m. looked like a warm Saturday afternoon.   Wind from the northeast was wonderful both ways.

Wonderful to avoid melting in my walk with my spouse (won't ride with the likes of me); then a spin to the Morton Arboretum with my youngest son. Wonderful to see as many cyclists as cars on the way from Wheaton--then more walkers and cyclists than cars on the Arboretum's paved paths... It really is a new second decade, in a new century.  This old fart remembers be the odd duck on the roads back in the day ('60s-90s).  Way to go American's and the efforts of clubs & advocacy, e.g. Alliance for Transportation Alternatives (still thinking that ChiBikeFed should remain the name).

Indeed, I went appliance shopping.... now the proud owner of a new toaster.

For more bike commute photos from today, click here.

is this at that semi secret garden off fullerton by the zoo?

Gene Tenner said:

For more bike commute photos from today, click here.

Yes. I have been curious about this for a year and finally found it this morning on the way in to work. This hard-to-find garden was designed by famous Chicago landscape architect Alfred Caldwell in the 30s. The zoo put a bunch of birds in it that destroyed the lilies and vegetation, Caldwell raised a ruckus and it was eventually restored. It is directly across Fullerton from the Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum building. The Alfred Caldwell Lillie Pond is gooooooorgeous.

Julie Hochstadter said:

is this at that semi secret garden off fullerton by the zoo?

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service