The Chainlink

Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138524

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Miss the storm this morning, Got on the LFP around 9am just wet no rain.

Big thanks! to the guy on the black mountain bike with red panniers who basically pulled me and my fat tire Schwinn for Montrose to Fullerton :)

For the ride home I left work at 6:30

felt a lot cooler with a north head wind.

Oo

First CCM for me, happy Friday!  Met some terrific Chainlink peeps too.  Saw the spectrum of bike skills, handling, stunts and a low speed crash.  The guy operating an 1888 Penny Farthing high wheeler was phenomenal.  Crossing the river West on Belmont, he managed to get both legs off the peddles and up over the bars for a short period.  WOW.     

The route was a sort of a Southside psych.  Did we get as far South as Halsted & Archer?  Then back North to Belmont.  I see the attraction to CCM for bike drivers.   And the dissatisfaction of some inflexible motor vehicle operators.  The expression on a CTA bus drivers face early on in the Loop was priceless.  CPD were excellent.  Thanks Chainlink community.

CCM tonight was a bit disorganized.  The leaders tended to pass cars at intersections and cause them to get trapped within the mass which causes a dangerous situation.  It's a practice that should be avoided IMHO.  

I saw quite a bit more than 1slow-speed tip.  Ethanol and clipped in might not be a good combination perhaps as almost every advanced gravity excursion I saw happened rolling to a stop -or right after. 

Still was fun.  Nice to meet you Steel Driver.  Next time I should bring a steel road bike just for kicks instead of my tank.  Thank you CCM for dropping me right off in front of my house...

Endomondo said I went 21.99 miles.  Not too shabby for the day on the slow bike.

Good ride tonight, always nice to go south for a bit, tour of China Town was fun.

Endomondo tells me we got as far south as W 24th street in Chinatown before we looped around and headed back up North again. 

Kyllä

Group riding 101 was terrible!  The instructors were atrocious, wicked even.  We kept gapping and they were cuffing us about the ears when we stopped.  Whoops it's only 3/31/12, not quite April fools.  ; )  

Kudos to the patient CCC ride leaders, they conveyed how a pace line should flow.  The group improved as we got some reps in.  Once again meeting terrific chainlink peeps.

The cherry on the pudding?  Eureka, connecting in the flesh with the Ice Trike driver.  I had a hit on my way North from group 101, watch for the pink Flamingo.  Sure enough on the LFP at Irving Park, the trike and operator appear.  Wonderful to meet you Gene, shake your hand and thank you in person for sharing with us.

Here is where I had the honor of meeting Steel Driver.

6 hrs on a boat today bookended by a ride to and from the harbour..

I rode my truck six blocks to the store, and I couldn't find parking near the door! Argh! Argh. And the traffic, and the price of gas today, and so on.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service