Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138950

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Skip--very cool photo.

By 7:30 the rain was gone and there were even a few peeks from the sun.  It was pretty empty out there, even so.

I missed the deluge all together.  but it was nice out after the rain ended and all washed off and a bit cooler with some clouds still hanging around. 

Love it when it rains. Keeps the fairweathers off the lake path.

It was raining somewhat heavy for a few minutes just before I left.  In the past I have let this deter me from riding or make me put on rain gear.  then I remembered all the times it just stops the second I hit the street.  It reduced to barely a drizzle when I got outside.  I think from now on I'm avoiding rain gear all together unless its below 55-60.  Id rather be wet than over heated, and just bring a change of socks for the ride home. 

That's my approach, as well. It's a bit chilly from 60-65 with rain, but all the bother of the rain gear doesn't seem worth it, in that range or above.

Robert Underwood said:

It was raining somewhat heavy for a few minutes just before I left.  In the past I have let this deter me from riding or make me put on rain gear.  then I remembered all the times it just stops the second I hit the street.  It reduced to barely a drizzle when I got outside.  I think from now on I'm avoiding rain gear all together unless its below 55-60.  Id rather be wet than over heated, and just bring a change of socks for the ride home. 

I was trying to beat it, but got caught in the heavy stuff for a little while.  I just tell myself "I am not going to melt" and keep going.  It actually stopped after a few minutes and I was almost dry by the time I got to work!

Yes, I've been riding.  So batsh**t crazy at work I cannot even post these days!

Good news is that the rides really relax me and put me in a good place.

News says we're in a Summer polar vortex so I guess that means we'll be seeing a cold Summer?

Seems like this morning was polar vortexed out.  so nice an cool.  enjoyed it for sure.  This summer has been unusually cool... I like it.  If our summers dropped by 20°s and our winters warmed by 20°s... I'd like that too.  been riding skinny road bike lately... I like going fast but I don't like the bumps my fat tires could handle with peace and comfort, as opposed to shakes and jolts.

in it to win it 8.0 mi said:

News says we're in a Summer polar vortex so I guess that means we'll be seeing a cold Summer?

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service