Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138964

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm getting better at riding in the winter.
Rode 20 miles today and did not get cold feet.
Wool socks and work boots with foot covers did the trick this time.
My right foot got a little cold but nothing like the past 4 times.
I'm thinking I need plastic bags on my socks?
I did manage to stay a lot warmer though!

It was really comfortable last night and this morning. Shocked I only saw one other cyclist on my morning commute. Polar Vortex?

Great commute to the office this morning with the tailwind. Definitely savored it, because I don't know the next time Chiberia is going to enjoy 30 degree weather.

Yep. Nice Divvy commute.

Wow! Awesome commute day. Thanks MLK jr and Mother Nature. Roads were really nice comparatively I saws few folks going east on the Roose and even a guy on Ogden. Fewest pedestrians walking in the bike lane in a while.

Agreed. Easy ride in. May be my last in a few days.

JM 6.5 said:

Great commute to the office this morning with the tailwind. Definitely savored it, because I don't know the next time Chiberia is going to enjoy 30 degree weather.

LFP was heavily salted and clear. Did not see another cyclist on it for the whole 8 miles I rode this morning. I am disappointed that it may be snowing for the Winter Bike to Work event tomorrow downtown. It may be worth the snowy ride for cheesecake and coffee though.

First I've heard of it...anything special I should know?

Ryan Stahlman said:

I am disappointed that it may be snowing for the Winter Bike to Work event tomorrow downtown. It may be worth the snowy ride for cheesecake and coffee though.

Saw just two other cyclists on my @ 8 mile commute between Edgewater and downtown (via the LFP) - seemed (relatively) mild too (probably partly due to a combination of tail wind and more winter layers than I really needed).

If you are talking about the weather:  http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-chicago-weather-forecast-col...

On the other hand, if you are talking about coffee and cheesecake:  http://www.thechainlink.org/events/winter-bike-to-work-day-online-r...

Alex Z said:

First I've heard of it...anything special I should know?

Ryan Stahlman said:

I am disappointed that it may be snowing for the Winter Bike to Work event tomorrow downtown. It may be worth the snowy ride for cheesecake and coffee though.

A little snow and negative wind chill will make coffee and cheesecake that much more enjoyable tomorrow morning! :)

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service