Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138964

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You guys got pizza?! All we got were bagels! :-)

Skip Montanaro 12mi said:

Didn't ride to work today, but did the Evanston RoS this evening.  Thanks to David Barish for setting it up and Chris Mailing and the folks at Wheel & Sprocket for providing shirts for the riders and pizza and beverages afterwards.

So I was told at the start.  (In fact, I was told some of the beverages were of the sudsy variety.)  Interestingly enough, the route rolled right past my house at about the nine-mile mark.  It was starting to get a bit dark.  I couldn't see riding to the end point and then home in the dark.

Ah. There was actually a decent selection of fresh veggies, hummus, bagels, chips, and various dessert items. Quite tasty. Thanks to whomever provided the food!

What a beautiful ride on LFP.  Lake was flat as a mirror!

I was running a bit late today and took Clark St instead.  Sorry I missed the lake.  I love it when it's glassy.

Here ya go.

Skip Montanaro 12mi said:

I was running a bit late today and took Clark St instead.  Sorry I missed the lake.  I love it when it's glassy.

Attachments:

+1

Nice day heading out to O'Hare, too; especially the stretch of Higgins west of E. River -- surrounded by trees, wide open, and the temp drops a good ten degrees from the shade.  It ain't the lake, but cool, green and fast can be pretty sweet, too.  :) 

you rode your bike to O'hare?

Rich Evans said:

Nice day heading out to O'Hare, too; especially the stretch of Higgins west of E. River -- surrounded by trees, wide open, and the temp drops a good ten degrees from the shade.  It ain't the lake, but cool, green and fast can be pretty sweet, too.  :) 

Plot twist: it was a flying bike.

Julie Hochstadter said:

Rich Evans said:

LOL, Adam.  Not quite, but since it's a swb/uss recumbent, with a full fairing, it does seem to come close at times.  And yes, Julie; I work at the NE corner of the field (bit west of Mannheim/Higgins), so that's been my year-round commute for some time now.  A hair over 8 mi from home plate, near Oak Park/Addison.

Adam Herstein (5.5 mi) said:

Plot twist: it was a flying bike.

Julie Hochstadter said:

Rich Evans said:

The ride out to O'Hare was kind of nice today.   I took it easy and took the slower, but more pleasant route.  One or two "idiots" in cars, but most of the bicyclists seemed in a pleasant mode and were being polite and respecting things such as red Lights. 

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service