The Chainlink

Gorgeous sunrise on LFP today.  So glad Spring is only a few days away!!!

Views: 793

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How long 'till we get an " it was 95 and humid I rode today" thread.

James Baum said:
Was it really 60 degrees?  I was a bit cool today and had a cough when I got home.  60 is still too cold for my taste. I can't wait until it actually warms up.
I scared a guy as he was walking to his car looking sideways/back towards the sidewalk, using the bike lane as a buffer I guess from the cars, then he caught up to me to ask what the lesson was?

Molly said:
I noticed it was much busier on the lake path today. I actually clipped a pit bull today because his owner did not have him on a tight leash and he jutted in front of my bike as I passed them. Scare me to death.
I'll take humid and 105 over weather in the 50's any day.  I hate the cold.
I rode my new road bike yesterday for the first time. It was awesome down the lpf! 26 miles and bike held up nicely except for the fact that it self shifted.  Probably a cable/derailleur thing (its not actually a new bike, but is to me).

If it was a newly rehabbed bike it's probably "Cable stretch" (I know it's a misnomer folks, please don't start).

Find the barrel adjuster for your right shifter and turn it a few turns out/counterclockwise and see if it helps.

Julie Hochstadter said:

I rode my new road bike yesterday for the first time. It was awesome down the lpf! 26 miles and bike held up nicely except for the fact that it self shifted.  Probably a cable/derailleur thing (its not actually a new bike, but is to me).

Park Tool tech page on derailleur adjustment is very helpful.

Check to see that the cable is routed correctly at the set screw on the derailleur (picture at park page explains this) and check that the cable is not binding anywhere.  As Howard said there is a good possibility that the cable & housing just broke in a bit after a rebuild and simply needs a bit of re-adjusting.

Maybe it's just trying to tell you something?
I rode 58 miles yesterday with work and my computer said 68 degrees!  I was in shorts and short sleeve jersey
Today's morning commute was even better than yesterday's.  I was able to wear a skirt, and let my winter white legs shine.  There were tons of other bikes out in the bike lane as well.
Beautiful morning to ride; can't wait til the ride home (north) after work. Gonna fly with the tailwind!
It feels like this thread might have been jumping the gun a little bit to call it "spring," but at least the sun was out and there wasn't much snow sticking around.  Decent enough riding.

Chicago spring is a harsh mistress.  She teases, you get one or two good days, enough to make you remember that life isn't always so hard, but then bam! she knocks you down again. 

I'm not feeling the wind today, when I saw it was "out of the north" I didn't think my commute would be as bad as it was. 
Jeremy said:

It feels like this thread might have been jumping the gun a little bit to call it "spring," but at least the sun was out and there wasn't much snow sticking around.  Decent enough riding.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service