The Chainlink

Gorgeous sunrise on LFP today.  So glad Spring is only a few days away!!!

Views: 793

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It was a beautiful day out on the road today.  The wind was a challenge but a fun one.  I was loving that sun.  I even got a little burn--first one of the season. Funny how I'm excited and not annoyed.

I would also like to give a special shout out to the guy who tried edge me off the road under a viaduct (Just east of Lawrence and Milwaukee) right into the pot hole that gave me my second flat this week--and then deigned to give me a "WTF" look.    I did indeed shout at you after blowing my whistle, in case you didn't hear me with your windows rolled up and your hands-free phone blaring in your ear, I said "Share the #@%&n' Road!"

Sometimes I want to get one of the bright yellow "Shared Lane Yield to Bicycles" signs and attach it to my rear rack.  Apparently some people need it spelled it out for them. (F.Y.I.  I was riding in a marked shared lane.)

I rode yet again today. The rain can get tiresome but the commute was smooth and I still marvel at why people actually drive their cars in the city after seeing the backed up traffic at North Avenue this morning- all of which I rode past and smiled at.  I think I am beginning to enjoy the rain- but at this point, I think I would enjoy some sunshine more.

Agreed today was a nice ride.  Took LFP and was quite comfortable.  Kicked myself that I bailed on Friday...

It is raining. Again. As much as I don't mind riding in the rain, it is getting to be a bit of a downer and is dampening my spirits a tiny bit.  Of course, I will continue to ride in it, as I know it will make me appreciate and enjoy the upcoming sunny and warm days ahead all the more.
Rode from Rogers Park to Central Street in Evanston and back last night.  Great weather, nice to be in shorts again.
Drove for 1/2 of my dog route yesterday until the sun started to grace us with its presence. Drove home and left the car behind and rode off for the rest of the day. I did get soaked an hour later, but that was fine with me. It happened en route to my last dog walk appointment.

Last night, I rode my bike, too. Loved that tailwind and the weather was really nice.

Been riding all week.  If you see the guy on the white Trek with a clear shower cap on his helmet, that's me.  25 cents for helmet raingear.

Rode in the rain again this morning.  Will probably ride again in the rain this evening.

At least I am getting my moneys worth out of my rain gear.

Turns out, it wasn't bad at all! There was some uncomfortableness at times...mostly whenever I got back in the saddle. It seems every time I got back on my bike, it rained a bit harder. All in all, though, I really enjoyed it.

Seriously, it was not anything like I'd expected. I wasn't cold and I wasn't miserable. I think I'm going to try more workday rides in the rain and forgo the car. I don't think that these little pop-up showers need to be a deal breaker...we'll see.

At least I stuck with it... I thought of coming home on my little leg from West Town to Logan and then realized how slow and annoying it is to pass through three school zones between 2:30-3:30 in a car. (Hint: a lot of parents pick up their kids and at the same time and it's pandemonium trying to just get somewhere when a passel of cars are all parking in one area at one time.)(You already know this. I just wanted to use the word passel.)
I started out in a slight rain this morning. I was glad to be trying out some new rain gear. 2.5 miles in I got a flat. Hard Case Race Lite=no match for direct hit with nail. Quick call for resue to my wife, jumped on my other bike...and made it to work only 10 minutes late. Still glad that I was able to ride!

40 degrees when I left this morning.  Headwind. 

I will not b**ch when it's 85 in August!

No rain for me this morning-what a welcome relief! I had a really nice ride down Lincoln, the wind wasn't that bad, and it was just chilly enough to keep me at just the right temperature. Definitely a nice day so far. Of course, I have my full rain gear just in case.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service