The Chainlink

37.4, does that put me in the lead? :-)

Views: 4628

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Another estimate for me...just around 4500 and maybe a couple more to the store and back tonight...

How far you've *driven* in 2014 is a different thread! 

I managed 6971 for 2014. Hoping for 8k or better in 2015.

Last commute of the year brought me to 2680.  2013 was over 3,000.  I hope our weather stays as it has been so far this winter so I can keep up my normal commuting and then plan some longer rides in the warmer times.

there's time for another 29 before midnight!

Deet 4.5mi said:

Right? Weak sauce...

bob hsiung said:

there's time for another 29 before midnight!

Deet 4.5mi said:

and equally worthless...

bob hsiung said:

My final tally: 5056 miles. I don't have a cyclocomputer, but record all rides of > 10 miles. That eliminates bopping around town as a measurable source. 

I didn't go back and count for the entire year, but in December, I commuted 15 times. The usual route is a 25-mile round trip. Assuming December is typical, that saved me about $135 over riding Metra, or saved 375 miles driving (which I would never have done, so it's kind of a moot point). I am pretty certain that I rode farther than I drove during the year though.

Good point.. almost ... in the fact that one needs additional data to make that point relevant. Knowing how many miles you ride does no one any good except in perhaps return on value of the components you use and whether they hold up for that usage. Other wise it's just bragging which only makes the braggart happy (for a few seconds). Like a vegetarian telling you how many vegetables they ate....

It could show that you are dedicated to a lifestyle but not really because some may be very dedicated but less able for physical or other reasons.

Personally, I ride exactly the amount I want to ride; no more and no less. The total miles are irrelevant and that is a valid point to bring to this forum.

Andy Moss 9.5 said:

As a comparison to how far you have ridden, it is quite relevant, especially to the extent your biking miles approach equilibrium with or exceed your driving miles.

Irvin Steinert said:

and equally worthless...

bob hsiung said:

my final number: 2254.1. broke 2250, woo-hoo! (what's wrong with bragging a little?)

peter holds off Deet and Beans for the gold?!

for the record:

peter 7519 October 28
Deet 6971 yesterday
Beans 5674 December 18

congrats guys, that's a hell of a lot miles for one year. You definitely have seen things.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service