Portland Design Works bar-ista.

Currently $18 shipped at Amazon.

Happy to pay a bit more to support an LBS.

Views: 1036

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I know I bought my bar-ista locally.  I'm 85% sure I found it downstairs at Cycle Smithy.   I seem to remember seeing it at Roscoe Village pretty soon after that, but I'm shakier on that memory.

I only consider them semi-local, but REI has the Take-A-Look mirror, which seems to be pretty similar  to the Heads-Up mirror above (it's hard to tell from the picture, but I think the Take-A-Look is more adjustable, you should check it out).  I'm kind of stunned more shops don't carry helmet mirrors, mine has completely changed my awareness of my surroundings on the bike.  But I've never seen them in the local shops (and I've been looking because I want a spare). 

Edit. Ahh, I see now the heads-up is apparently a mirror more for eyeglasses rather than a helmet/glasses mirror like the take-a-look.  Or not. It's hard to read the fine print there. 

Rapid is looking into stocking those actually.

The Barista is at Roscoe Village fo sho. ;-)

kozy's in avondale has helmet mount mirrors (unless they've had a run on them in the past few days). not sure about eyeglasses mirrors, though!

+1

REI has that (or a variation from a different brand.) I've debated using one in addition to my fenders, but the chainring is surprisingly still pretty clean.

Howard- I have a couple variations of that front fender.  Swing by if you get a chance; I'll be in Sunday 12-4 and Monday 2-7, if either works for you...

Knock loudly!
Uptown bikes had that in stock

h' said:

I did ultimately find a Barista a while ago at RT/s.

Broke my mirror tonight (or better said it disintegrated, not sure how but I suspect the cold was a factor.)

And my worst fears have come true-- I'm completely dependent on it.

Has anyone seen this particular mirror in stock at a local LBS? Priority for tomorrow (Sunday.)

h' said:

And another:

$15 online.  Again willing to pay a bit more to support a LBS.

In both cases these are items I've found to be really great and looking to lay on another.

(feel free to add your own.)

I feel like I've seen that mirror everywhere.  But then again maybe I'm thinking of REI since I've gone there a couple times recently.  I think they are a good bet if no one else carries it.    

We don't have it because it is a pretty low demand item but if you order it by about noon tomorrow we can have one for you Tuesday.

h' said:

I did ultimately find a Barista a while ago at RT/s.

Broke my mirror tonight (or better said it disintegrated, not sure how but I suspect the cold was a factor.)

And my worst fears have come true-- I'm completely dependent on it.

Has anyone seen this particular mirror in stock at a local LBS? Priority for tomorrow (Sunday.)

h' said:

And another:

$15 online.  Again willing to pay a bit more to support a LBS.

In both cases these are items I've found to be really great and looking to lay on another.

(feel free to add your own.)

FYI, one just went on our stock order for R/T North; never let it be said we don't listen to customer demand.

Now somebody come buy it...

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service