The Chainlink

The Bicycle Museum of America in Ohio? Any other cool bike related museums you recommend?

Views: 97

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A museum sounds like a great winter getaway...
If anyone's in Seattle and loves classic/historic bikes this place has some amazing stuff hanging from the ceiling-- with descriptive labels and such, and not just 2-3 bikes but at least 15. Things like racing bikes from the 30s, 40s, 50s, in perfect condition, that really kind of blow you away in terms of how long we've had 'modern' racing bikes.

http://www.elliottbaybicycles.com/

Too bad their site doesn't show any of that.

It's right in the heart of the waterfront/touristy district.
Whatever happened to the museum in Three Oaks Michigan?
I thought they'd taken a portion of the North Pier museum collection as well.
This is about all I can find:

Three Oaks Spokes Bicycle Museum

Three Oaks Township Library Museum
3 N. Elm Street
Three Oaks, MI 49128
Call for hours (Eastern)
Rating: Family Friendly
Admission: Free

The Bicycle Museum is now housed in the Township Library. The former museum is now the Dewey Cannon Trading Company, 3 E. Central Ave., Three Oaks, 756-3361, which has information, bike rentals and a small amount of memorabilia.

Well, I guess that answers the question . . .

Here's one in Grand Haven:

The Bicycle Museum Grand Haven
Map | Save | Add Event | Write a Review
Featuring pre-war, balloon-tire bicycles from the 30s and beyond, The Bicycle Museum displays over 80 of the finest American bicycles. Located on the shores of Lake Michigan in downtown Grand Haven, this museum is open Monday through Saturday from 1pm to 6pm.
Tel 1 616 842-1418
Address: 119 Washington St. | Grand Haven, MI | 49417
Betcha could get a lakefront cottage there real cheap right about now.
The National Motorcycle Museum in Anamosa, IA, has a fairly large collection of mostly turn-of-the-last-century bicycles: penny-farthings, "safety bicycles," etc. Kinda makes sense, since the earliest motorcycles were pretty much just motorized bicycles.

A personal favorite: a naphtha-fueled bicycle headlight.

http://www.nationalmcmuseum.org/
In Cudahy, South Shore Cyclery has a collection of vintage bikes from all around the world. I saw a J. C. Higgins Flightliner middleweight like one a neighbor of mine in Beach Park had. See at www.southshorecyclery.com

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service