The Chainlink

http://gr.pn/LLm3Vi

Not the best bike, but also not the worst.

For someone who may need a town cruiser and not have to worry about losing too much money if it ever gets stolen, I don't think you can beat the price. Includes shipping.

Views: 1295

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Or for $10 more  you can get a similar bike with drop bars and TWO real brakes...

Of course

Or for $130 less you can get a similar bike with cruiser bars and THREE wheels...

That thing is not going to catch on with those non-red rims. The drive system is pure genius though!

Granted those weird BMXish riser bars on the gr**p*n bike are pretty ugly (in that context), but I've been riding my touring bike a bit lately and every time I do I'm reminded how much I don't like drops for commuting (or any other riding in the city). 

Rich S said:

Or for $130 less you can get a similar bike with cruiser bars and THREE wheels...

It can bar spin and lay mad skids!

Stop. Cheap. Bikes.

I now see the Walmart fixie (black with yellow and red tires) multiple times per week. 

I thought I kept seeing the same guy (black with yellow/red tires)!  

After a few days though, I thought for sure it must just be a popular bike.  I had no clue it was the $100 Walmart special.

Steven Vance said:

Stop. Cheap. Bikes.

I now see the Walmart fixie (black with yellow and red tires) multiple times per week. 

They had me with "durable tires"

What you save on the purchase will be offset by what you spend to turn it into a decent bike.

Hard to believe I know but you really do get what you pay for...

This deal – or a similar one – is still ongoing, by the way. It looks like the bike is called GALAXIE and it costs $229.

Why is the only brake on the bike on the rear wheel? You get a lot more stopping power from a front brake and if it's a fixed gear bike, having a brake on the back but not the front makes no sense.

I asked the guys at the Bike Lane the same question when I was looking at a KHS with only a rear brake. The guy said so it's easier to skid stop. I almost burst out laughing in the store. 

S said:

Why is the only brake on the bike on the rear wheel? You get a lot more stopping power from a front brake and if it's a fixed gear bike, having a brake on the back but not the front makes no sense.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service