I could be very interested in this : but I have two questions first -
1) I have a lease until 8/31 I cannot break
2) is this place big enough to share with a roomate ? (I can afford the rent; but would like to split
it to have extra money)
3) what are the specifics on the Utilities ?
Jody said:It's really a special place, thanks for asking! I'll likely have better pictures soon too - anyone have a good image hosting suggestion?
Answers to questions:
1) I'd be willing to prorate the month of August - $600 will cover it. I'll be out by the 7th anyway, but can't afford to take less to hold it. It's good to have some time to move in, though
2) There is TONS of space to share with a roomate, but not a lot of privacy - the only walls are the ones around the bathroom and they dont go all the way to the ceiling, so although there's room for everything, there's little privacy. I've had ongoing bike-building projects inside and never notice the space they take up at all.
3) tenant pays utilities. I have my last two gas bills if you would like to see them. Because it's a top floor, it gets all the heat and I leave it off while I'm gone all day and didnt turn it on until about 10pm at night. I leave the front sliding glass door open in the summer while I'm gone all day (if there's no rain in the forecast). It's completely secure to leave it open and the breeze blows right through the place. I only use A/C in hot, rainy days. I think it's usually about $50/mo for gas and $18/mo for electric, but I'm very stingy and resourceful.
Hope that helps
Thanks for asking!
If the apartment is bike friendly (you don't mention bikes at all in your description) I can pit up an ad an your pics that you can link to at http://bikechicago.info/rentals.
Kevin Conway said:The post consists of 140 words (or so). The word "bike(s)" appears 7 times for a 5% mention rate.
Someone forgot to insert their humor chip this morning . . .
Is this place still available? And How Much?