The Chainlink

FS: Awesome Winter Commuter/utility bike-- Price Drop: $350

so I'm pretty bummed about this, just finished t

he build, but this frame is just too small for me.  commuted 22 miles on it for a few days, and just too small. 

so anyway, here it is.  a really great, cross check-type winter commuter build.  rides a lot like a cross check actually. 

Schwinn Cross Cut  54.5 actual TT, round about 56 virtual TT
short ST, but comes with long odd-sized seatpost.  Cro-Mo frame. 

brand new 3x8 Alivio rapid fire shifters
new Origin8 risers
Salsa stem
Ultegra Triple Crank, 172.5, octalink BB
Ultegra FD
XT 8 speed RD
pretty new shimano 8speed cassette
front wheel is Campy Record to Mavic, with campy skewer (6 speed era, spins perfectly smooth, rim is in good shape)
rear wheel is Bontrager Racelite, with campy skewer
Vittoria Rando 28c tires, not the contis in teh pic.  
Planet Bike Fenders with new hardware. 
seatpost is chained against QR theft, with a tube sleeve so the frame doesn't get marred, and so you don't lose the odd-sized seatpost. 
Tektro Oryx cantis with new salmon all weather Yokozuna pads
no-name brake levers
ODI aluminum bar ends with allen tighteners
no pedals or saddle.  I have a beater saddle I can throw on for you.  MKS pedals for an additional $20. 

Frame has mounts for front and rear racks, as well. 

$350

need to get rid of this so I can finish the new build and get back to riding to work rather than taking the bus (which is going to drive me to drink...more)  thanks!

Views: 1200

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Agree w DUG n others. A pretty fair price considering all that you'd get. My GF is looking for a bike that can chew up winter streets. If I weren't in a tight financial corner at the moment, I'd totally check that thing out.

(I have a 58cm CC that's built up similarly to this one. This thing will ride great, and it will eat winter streets for breakfast.)

Best of luck selling it.

thanks for all the kind words everyone.  have two people checking it out this weekend. 

SOLD!!!

Excellent. Glad you didn't have to dismantle it.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service