The Chainlink

SOLD

I'm selling my Bacchetta Giro 20s - $900. I tried riding a 'bent for a few months in 2014 but it just didn't work out for me. I need to haul a LOT more stuff than I could handle on the 'bent so it needs to go, as space is limited. Specs are as follows:
I built this bike up from a bare Bacchetta frame kit in April 2014 and rode it through October of 2014. I built the bike specifically to be a sturdy daily commuter but to also do duty as a touring bike as well. The frame is cro-moly steel and is a 2013 color scheme of Bacchetta's misty gray-green color with an ivory accent band and fork. The frame size is Large, with a 14" boom for accommodating riders with an X-seam of 40-49". A Google search for "recumbent sizing/X-seam" should help you determine what size frame will fit you. I'm 6'1" and the bike fit me fine, with plenty of room to adjust the seat fore/aft. The bike comes with Avid BB7 disc brakes with new pads, SRAM FR5 brake levers, SRAM Gripshift 8 speed twist shifters (indexing rear/friction front), Shimano Deore rear derailleur with Velo Orange sealed bearing jockey wheels, and a Sora triple front derailleur. Crankset is an FSA Vero 50/39/30, and cassette is a Shimano 8spd 11/32. Wheels are Sun CR18 front and Sun Rhyno-lite rear with Schwalbe Marathon Greenguard tires (with reflective sidewalls) - 20x1.75 front and 26x2.0 rear. Extras include Planet Bike fenders with the front installed. The rear is included but uninstalled because it was attached to a rack that is not being sold with the bike. You can order replacement fender stays and mounting hardware from Planet Bike to allow you to use the rear fender in any configuration you like. Also included is a Bacchetta One-armed Bandit front light mount as well as a B&M handlebar mirror, and a Crane bike bell. The bike is pictured with the Euromesh seat installed but I originally built it with the Recurve Mesh. Either seat is available, your choice. If you want the Recurve Mesh instead of the Euromesh I'll swap the seat for you. If you would like to buy the bike with both seats, it will be an extra $200 ($1100). Also available but not pictured and being sold separately is a Terracycle Easy Reacher underseat rack for an additional $100 if interested. With this wheel and tire combination and the cro-moly frame, this Giro soaks up the bumps much better than any stock one will. Additionally, you're getting quality disc brakes which are not available on stock Giros with the cro-moly frame. The bike has never been wrecked and the frame is pretty much spotless except for a few tiny paint nicks here and there from locking up at bike racks. The bike was not ridden during the winter and so avoided any exposure to nasty salted roads. Finally, I can say if you're looking for a quality touring bike and a solid ride for commuting or just wanted to add a 'bent to your stable, this is an excellent bike. Numerous folks have used these for extended tours and I can say that it was extremely comfortable for riding distances up to 100+ miles a day. The frame places taller riders at pretty much eye-level with drivers in cars, so you don't feel completely vulnerable like you would on a low-racer recumbent or trike. Sale is for cash only, local pickup only preferred - Chicago, Illinois . However, I will ship the bike, but buyer must pay all shipping costs on top of cost of bike and any accessories purchased. *Reasonable* offers will be considered.

Views: 323

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, sorry the Bachetta did not work out for you, but at that price I'm sure you will find someone who will pick it up. I have the Giro 20 ATT and would have an interest in that Terracycle Easy Reacher under seat rack. If you could shoot me an email at alternateincp@gmail.com, perhaps we would work something out? I'm in the Chicago area (Carol Stream) so could pick it up if we come to the right $. Thanks,

John Park / cell 630-965-2740

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service