The Chainlink

Exciting New Chicago Cycling Box Service - Signed up for early bird special thought I'd share!

CyclistBox - Chicago Start Up Subscription Box for Cycling Products - Early Special.

http://signup.cyclistbox.com/

Views: 2790

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I might have missed something but it'd be nice to know what this cyclistbox is.

Valid points - but I have another subscription service and I LOVE it. Products or Services usually worth twice as much as the price paid. I am really excited about this one it has an international taste to it as well :) 

kiltedcelt said:

It's some random thing intended to suck $24.95 out of your wallet every month to send you what is probably a box of stuff (items? single item?), that is probably not worth $24.95. I've seen this kind of thing with tools and fishing gear. Some outfit promises to give you great stuff to use and review and all it is typically is a bunch of junk that isn't worth the money spent and on top of it there are insidious attempts to get you to spend more money to be upgraded into getting a better level of stuff. Nothing but a scam.

the subscription model is the hot thing in Internet startups right now.  Trunk Club does it with mens' clothes, there is somebody that does it with razors, etc.  I have no reason to think this is a scam....their offer seems transparent. 

To sign up for a service that doesn't yet exist that will be sending you unknown items in a box that you may or may not use seems pretty crazy to me. 

But if you have the money to burn that's fine but if you go on a shopping spree for a years worth of this ($300) you can get quite a bit of good gear from Amazon.com and get exactly what you want.

Yeah absolutely! The beauty is that you end up getting incredible deals and items that you never would have found otherwise be it food and nutrition and also - just gear that is at a huge discount! I am excited - commuting is going to rock. 

jolondon30 said:

the subscription model is the hot thing in Internet startups right now.  Trunk Club does it with mens' clothes, there is somebody that does it with razors, etc.  I have no reason to think this is a scam....their offer seems transparent. 

I'd pay $24.95 for fixing a flat or any other repair also to keep my bike or parts from being stolen. A plastic water bottle or reflectors I don't need.

I need a subscription to sunglasses. I can't see to keep a pair for more than a couple of months without either scratching up the lenses or losing them (or both).

jolondon30 said:

the subscription model is the hot thing in Internet startups right now.  Trunk Club does it with mens' clothes, there is somebody that does it with razors, etc.  I have no reason to think this is a scam....their offer seems transparent. 

right..I would never do it. Amazon is my bike store...two day delivery, lowest prices, endless selection.  When impossible use my LBS (uptown bikes).  For tires/tubes it's biketiresdirect.

Haddon said:

To sign up for a service that doesn't yet exist that will be sending you unknown items in a box that you may or may not use seems pretty crazy to me. 

But if you have the money to burn that's fine but if you go on a shopping spree for a years worth of this ($300) you can get quite a bit of good gear from Amazon.com and get exactly what you want.

Ms Lauf,

I appreciate the effort but this reads WAY too much like advertising copy than honest endorsement:

Madeline said:

Yeah absolutely! The beauty is that you end up getting incredible deals and items that you never would have found otherwise be it food and nutrition and also - just gear that is at a huge discount! I am excited - commuting is going to rock. 

Given the likes of these to finds below would you be willing to state your relationship or interest in cyclist box?  I get spam everywhere and your spanky new profile and unalloyed booster-ism is pretty ripe.  Look I appreciate the start-up, I've been there, but your being pretty clumsy about it.

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, LLC (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: CYCLISTBOX.COM
Created on: 05-Jun-13
Expires on: 05-Jun-14
Last Updated on: 05-Jun-13

Registrant:
Madeline Lauf
edited out
Woodstock, Illinois 60098
United States

I am really excited about this one it has an international taste to it as well :)

Aw c'mon folks.... it's not like anyone with a brain didn't plainly see she was promoting her own product here... let's not drive this poor struggling entrepreneur off before she's had a chance to redeem herself buy buying paid advertising on chainlink.

You guys are good :)  But hey at 62 sign ups from this -- some of you guys are definitely loving this !! Keep it coming! Its going to be a great service and you can join us then! 

Can't wait for more of you to join! Thanks for all your support Chain-link friends! We are going to get more people (especially young people) on bikes in Chicago, you'll see! 

That right there is pro level damage control:

Flattery (you guys are good)

resell (join us then!)

appreciation (Thanks for all your support)

Anticipation (Can't wait for more of you to join!)

Community Building (We are going to get more people...on bikes in Chicago, Chain-link friends!)

Nebulous appeal to future generations (especially young people)

still not joining but this is way way way more graceful than your initial appeal.  Go get 'em.

Madeline said:

You guys are good :)  But hey at 62 sign ups from this -- some of you guys are definitely loving this !! Keep it coming! Its going to be a great service and you can join us then! 

Can't wait for more of you to join! Thanks for all your support Chain-link friends! We are going to get more people (especially young people) on bikes in Chicago, you'll see! 

RSS

Groups

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service