The Chainlink

So here's the scoop.. I ws out for a ride like a week or so ago, and I got stopped by the fuzz. It was late, I wasnt to far from home, but far enough for them to question I guess. They had said they had a report of someone messing around in someones backyard just up the road and I fit the description. I asked if the description of a guy on a red bike with a kitty litter pannier, green shorts and bring orange shirt and bright orange hat? I was ready to be on my way and asked if I could leave, they said no and wanted me to wait a minute. They asked where I was coming from, I told them and they told me that thats where the incident I guess happend.

They questioned further, asked for my ID which I did not have on me, why I was where I was so late at night(about 1am) and not where I live. I told them that I was a night owl and just out for a ride and maybe to pop in to see my girl. The town(des plaines)is only about 6-8 miles from where I live so its a nice ride out and back and that I didnt see anything wrong with that. I figured i could stop in and see my girl before I headed home. But I guess that wasnt good enough.

He asked if I had anything on me(weapons and such)and I said no. He checked my pockets and there was nothing. He asked what I had in the bucket and I told him, my bike tools, a hoodie and my cigarettes. He asked me to open it and I oblidged(against my better judgement)so he could see that I didnt have any tools I didnt need like perhaps like a crowbar or something as this was a possibly burglary case or something silly. Then they started grabbing my stuff and opening my tools and I told them that that wasnt ok and that I didnt consent to a search and they told me it was to late and by opening it up for them I had.

Anywho.. All was on the up and up, it wasnt me so I wasnt worried. They ran me for warrants and I again asked if I could be on my way and they held me still. They said thats fine, we believe who you are and that you didnt do anything wrong etc. etc. Theres just one more thing I want to do, I wanna run your bike and if it comes back clear you can be on your way. Check my bike I said? Well you never know when your gunna get a hit on a bike bought in the city or something is what I got back. I found it rediculasly odd as I have never had a cop run my bike for a possible stolen. and really it just seemed like they wanted to get me on something just for being in their town so late at night or something..

ever have the cops run your bike?

Views: 78

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's pretty dumb. Sounds like you had a couple of cops that were bored. Lame.
Oh god, that kook again?

Yes, you should not talk to police without legal counsel present.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service