Do we need designated bike 'security' at events like last night's?

Just puttin' it out there.

http://chicago.stolenbike.org/node/192184

-h'

Views: 1395

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm sure they do seek out events just like we find stolen bikes posted on Craigs list. A posting like after party after CCM tba, log in to rsvp and get details. Limiting the info to members and the fliers they hand out. Why give someone a heads up to gather all the tools they need ahead of time? Locks and locking education is a 101 step but
yes educate.

That's good stuff.

bk (aka: MC Bikes-a-Lot) said:

The Buddha says all suffering comes from desire... Still?..

I am not sure that dude even HAD a soooper nice bike. 

I would glady lay down this life to defend our bikes. S'ok!... I've had a good run!

Realizing this can be a vacuous buzz-word slung around with ease... Yet?... If not a cycling "Seal Team Six"?.. Just what other factors are acceptible to, and/or define, a "community"? That is... if it is not looking out for one-another? Then what exactly is a "community". Pinko talk. I know.

So nice to see the CPD, in farce I mean in force every single CCM... Sure we appreciate their service. Let's see... work a beat in Garfield Park... or ride CCM. That is a toughie. 

Still... I see more cops at a single CCM than a week of rush hours on the Weisenheimer I-290... Or the entire month I worked a gig for Cease-Fire.

Priorities. Serve and protect.

The thing is? If they needed it? I'd have gave that jackass the blinky they stole.... But that is me... a wild-eyed radical.

The delicious irony of it all is not lost on me.

3 U Locks and one cable to a sign post that was checked to ensure the bolts were tight. Went as friends and figured despite the tasty target it would be too much of a hassle to try to get all 3 locks intertwined w the cable.

Tim, it's 'JUICY Targets', not 'tasty'.

I heard they totally rock.

Tim S said:

3 U Locks and one cable to a sign post that was checked to ensure the bolts were tight. Went as friends and figured despite the tasty target it would be too much of a hassle to try to get all 3 locks intertwined w the cable.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service