The Chainlink

Just got this email, so don't plan to ride Divvy home today:

Good morning.

Due to the weather, we will temporarily close Divvy at 12:00PM on Thursday, January 2, 2014 to protect the safety of our members and staff. No bikes can be rented after the temporary closure has begun, though any bikes in use at the time can be returned to any Divvy station with an available dock.

If you have any question about whether the system is open or closed, please call to speak with a Member Service Representative at 1-855-55-DIVVY (553-4889). You can also find the latest updates on the
Divvy website, Facebook, and Twitter. Members will also be informed of closure and re-opening via email.

In December, we served nearly 45,000 trips, and we're looking forward to serving many more this winter.

Thank you again for your support and understanding.  

- The Divvy Team and the Chicago Department of Transportation

Divvy is Chicago's newest transit system with thousands of bikes available to you 24/7. With hundreds of stations across the city, Divvy is convenient, fast, fun, and affordable.

Visit DivvyBikes.com or find us on FacebookTwitterInstagram, or Tumblr

Forward this email

This email was sent to x by info@divvybikes.com |  

Divvy | 711 SE Grand | Portland | OR | 97214

Views: 7785

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Day 2-  we still don't quite know why Divvy is closed or what the criteria is for closing it, or what the criteria will be for re-opening it. We don't know if "temporary" is more like one day or 3 days or one week....

Comparisons to suspending other modes of travel are wearing very thin.

h 1.0... have you checked their website or called any of the contact numbers? Or are you just complaing about something you expect to be there because they did say 24/7? Nobody or nothing works perfectly all of the tine. Except of course maybe you. Give the bitching a rest & let them do their jobs fixing things. Maybe read a book or take public trans somewhere...
It should be clearly posted on every website all possible scenarios for closure, said no sane person ever. Do you read the entire document before you click the "I agree" button for anything online? Please get real.

Fair questions. What did the Divvy rep say when you called them to ask for an explanation? You did call them, did you?

h' 1.0 said:

Day 2-  we still don't quite know why Divvy is closed or what the criteria is for closing it, or what the criteria will be for re-opening it. We don't know if "temporary" is more like one day or 3 days or one week....

Comparisons to suspending other modes of travel are wearing very thin.

crickets...
Keep looking to Divvy for further updates. Also imagine if you will trying to run around keeping all 300 stations spread all over the city. They want you're loyalty & money. They want to be back ASAP. What business wouldn't?

What did the Divvy rep say when you called them to ask for an explanation? You did call them, did you?

OK, I'll bite. I just called Divvy. They won't say when the service will be back up. They won't say what criteria will be used to make that determination. All the rep would tell me was that when the service comes back up, that fact will be announced on Facebook. Crickets indeed.

Thanks!

Eli said:

What did the Divvy rep say when you called them to ask for an explanation? You did call them, did you?

OK, I'll bite. I just called Divvy. They won't say when the service will be back up. They won't say what criteria will be used to make that determination. All the rep would tell me was that when the service comes back up, that fact will be announced on Facebook. Crickets indeed.

Apologies for being away from the internet for a few minutes.  I am trying to figure out how to flash a new phone to my carrier and so far I have talk and text but not data. Otherwise I would have pulled over every block to check whether someone was asking me something on Chainlink.

Duppie, is your phone broken?

You say talk works on your phone? So, what did the Divvy rep say when you called them to ask for an explanation? You did call them, did you?

My phone is working fine, btw. Thanks for asking.

h' 1.0 said:

Apologies for being away from the internet for a few minutes.  I am trying to figure out how to flash a new phone to my carrier and so far I have talk and text but not data. Otherwise I would have pulled over every block to check whether someone was asking me something on Chainlink.

Duppie, is your phone broken?

Anyone else think it's not a big deal that Divvy is down? They've said from the very beginning they would close for extreme weather. 

Me neither. Going out for a ride here shortly. Divvy comes up when Divvy does. As it is I am more worried about the zombie apocalypse!

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service