The Chainlink

There is that old saying don't laugh when a hearse goes by...

It seems a few people are trying to get a grassroots policy on limiting and taking down ghost bikes.  Disrespectful.

http://chicago.everyblock.com/top/

Views: 171

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I 1/2 2 wundar wo daz Angie tool B. 2 right like she duz 4 the N tire converse 8 un is 2 much 4 me.

I cannot even read the comments there without feeling compelled to commit a violent crime against some of the posters there; I am going to refrain from posting because I have lost the ability to be civil but I thank all of you who have because there is some horrible shit going on over there.

If there is a ghost bike anyone where knows of in need of checking up on or service please let me know and I will get by it.

I want to find that woman and sign her up for an adult education class in basic english.

How in the hell can a full grown adult think that is an acceptable manner in which to communicate?

James Baum said:

I 1/2 2 wundar wo daz Angie tool B. 2 right like she duz 4 the N tire converse 8 un is 2 much 4 me.

I think we all did what we could to get our opinions across and voices heard.  In retrospect, the majority of the comments show that there is more support to keep the bikes than there are people who want them regulated or removed.  I doubt that Mr. Hicks expected such a heated debate on his little neighborhood pet peeve.  

On another note, it also pained me to try to read Angie's text-speak...I agree that she needs to go back to school or at least try to talk like a grown adult, not like some teen-ager with her first cell phone.

Not sure who David F. is, but I think he is just the kind of person that loves to get the last word in.

Also, I think that the above 3 people are approximately how many supported the OP, which includes the OP himself.  Maybe there were a few others, but not as many as were supportive of Ghost Bikes. 

The people like DavidF and that Ed guy who was the OP really make me want to start banning cars. 

notoriousDUG said:

I cannot even read the comments there without feeling compelled to commit a violent crime against some of the posters there; I am going to refrain from posting because I have lost the ability to be civil but I thank all of you who have because there is some horrible shit going on over there.

Done.  Good discussion going, too, some folks are expressing curiosity about the Ghost Bikes.  Anyone with a link to pictures should chime in with a post.

Puke:

http://www.suntimes.com/6532422-417/ghost-bikes-haunt-city-sidewalk...

Just sent to the "journalist."

Kara,
The slant of this article is absolutely disgusting.
You should be ashamed of yourself.
Ed Hooks presented false and misleading information to make his case, and did not deserve the great effort you went to to be made to look level-headed and reasonable in the face of unreasonable opposition.
You are absolutely trying to drive a wedge, even though you volunteered that you weren't.
Shame on you.
Howard

The Platinum Rule states "Do unto others as they want done unto them."  

If Mr. Hooks' daughter's friends had created a memorial to her on public property would he ask for an expiration date??  I think not. And then he has the nerve to say "I grieve with them ... at a certain point, the family needs to go to the cemetery."  What a hypocrite!! Grieves with them but then wants to tell them how to grieve.  

Then there's the comment about being an unnecessary eyesore after spending months or years in Chicago weather.  Does that imply that if this was Nevada or Southern Cal it would be ok since they would not be subjected to Chicago weather?  This guy is a low life pos.  I try to ignore the ignorant but this one pissed me off.  

He started off with a false claim that the bikes were in poor condition, which was clearly refuted early on in the course of the Everyblock discussion.  Ive been misquoted practically every time I've ever been quoted, and have come to expect it, but I spoke with this reporter and I know what she knew, and what she understood, and it's clear as day to me that she purposely twisted the facts here.
LOL @ legacy media.  If it is in print or on mainstream media (TV/Radio/magazines) it is biased wedge BS.  All reporters have a bias and their own agenda.
That D-bag is still on the ghost bikes? Someone needs to take him for a bike ride in the city to see first hand how dangerous it is/can be.
There is a whole lot of anti-cycling going on here!

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service