The Chainlink

is anyone considering biking out to the Dark Lord Day Three Floyds event in Munster Indiana? Its being held on Saturday, April 25th. Its about 30 miles out. Got a Golden Ticket??

http://www.darklordday.com/
http://www.threefloyds.com/

Views: 533

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

works for me...on my way to irv's to get a couple things now
Oh and i was thinking of taking a kid trailer maybe we can put a cooler in it but that might be a long ass bike to be hauling
yeah looks like the fountain...ill be gettin there around 8 just to chill and relax a bit befor this lil jaunt..alex oliva linz and her 2 buddies will prolly be there a bit early as well...maybe. no later then 9 i say.
Whatever works for everyone else if fine with me! It looks like Buckingham Fountain at 9am is shaping up to be the time/place...but I'll keep checking back to see what the final verdict is.

iggi said:
Brett, since many of the folks are southsiders, we figured Shedd was a decent meeting point so ppl dont gotta ride up then back down, but now that im thinkin about it, Buckingham aint all that far from Shed. Southsiders...thoughts?

Brett Ratner said:
Has there been any more discussion on the meeting place? It looks like either 8am at Shedd Aquarium or 9am at Buckingham fountain. Which time/place seems to be the consensus?

iggi said:
Our group is to meet at Shedd Aquarium, then catching up with more at Calumet fisheries. We were talking about meeting up around 8am or so

arman said:
i'm not 100% sure how many people will be going down in each group but maybe we can combine them within reasonable and manageable numbers.

iggi said:
Arman, thoughts on getting these groups together??

arman said:
there are several groups i know of that are going down. meeting at buckingham fountain at 9am on saturday. the group i'm riding with plan taking lake shore path then cutting over on 112th st. to ave o/burnham and heading south from there. anyone know that route?
I'll be there around 8...I'm not scurred of the a.m.
I rode down that-a-way this morn. The bridge on Ewing (over the Calumet River) was closed and apparently not passable. Looking at my bike map, there seems to be a bike laned bridge a stones throw away on 95th Street, but I didn't know that at the time and turned around. Can anyone confirm?
yeah. i cant seem to find the closure on traffic.com or what ever. not sure about the other bridge either. i know its a toll bridge or what ever. that would proly work if the one is closed.

Joe TV said:
I rode down that-a-way this morn. The bridge on Ewing (over the Calumet River) was closed and apparently not passable. Looking at my bike map, there seems to be a bike laned bridge a stones throw away on 95th Street, but I didn't know that at the time and turned around. Can anyone confirm?
bit of a change in the weather....in munster the forcast is

Saturday: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 80. Breezy, with a west southwest wind between 15 and 25 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.

in chicago its

Saturday: A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 80. Breezy, with a west southwest wind between 15 and 25 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.

skrewy midwest weather
A little rain won't hurt anyone... Its that wind I'm worried about especially on the lakefront

joe said:
bit of a change in the weather....in munster the forcast is

Saturday: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 80. Breezy, with a west southwest wind between 15 and 25 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.

in chicago its

Saturday: A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 80. Breezy, with a west southwest wind between 15 and 25 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.

skrewy midwest weather
ok... so lets meet at BuckBuck (buckingham fountain). 8am is the official time. 9am the unofficial time? that window will give us some time for introductions, bike checks, butt powder application, maybe even a breakfast beer. and we def need to discuss route. im printing up the recycled map, and another map via google's "walking" setting (though im not liking what i see). i also printed up directions from 3F to Flossmore Station, and a time table for departing trains. if any y'all need my number, send me a message, ill share. If we depart before you get there for whatever reason, ill leave a couple extra maps somewhere along the east perimeter of the fountain and maybe leave a trail of breadcrumbs.

Otherwise, get your protein and carb fix in, pray for the weather to keep steady. We may be battling some winds, so be prepared. See you all tomorrow!!
Your ride from the Fountain to the fishery looks like it comes in at just under 13 miles. I'm gonna plan on being there at 9:45 - 10:00. Sound about right?

The addy again just incase: 3259 E 95th St, Chicago, IL 60617

If any of you are planning on taking the train home, make sure to have a bungi cord with you. I've had to deal with some asshole train conductors in the past about this issue. Long story short; it took me removing my shoelace and tying it from my frame to the seat rail to make that ass clown happy and not kick me off.

Also, if anyone needs a blinky, I have some spares, both front and rear.

Lastly, my phone number is (708) 945-7067. Somebody please keep it with them incase anything weird happens between the fountain and the fish joint... or if you've got a cute sister... or if you yourself are cute and available!

Not looking forward to that headwind, but I'm sure as shit looking forward to drinking beers in warm weather, finally!

NO RAIN! NO RAIN! NO RAIN! NO RAIN! NO RAIN! NO RAIN! NO RAIN!
Drinking some of the worlds best beers, sandwiched between 60 miles of biking? Fantastic!

Is this the approximate route? (Lakeshore path instead of LSD, of course) http://tr.im/darklordday

This looks like the best path to the train, if needed: http://tr.im/flossmoor_metra

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service