The Chainlink

Hey Chainlinkers -

I've been asked many times to do another round of jerseys.  Since it's pretty chilly now, I'm looking to offer a round of The Chainlink wool jerseys. 

Any recommendations on other quality companies?

I've been recommended Earth Wind and Rider and Portland/Oregon Cyclewear.

Thanks,

Julie

Views: 1534

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Looks like Oregon Cycling has fairly nice vintage looking sponsored jersey.  Sponsors would be on each arm, not all over the jersey.

Ok- I'd like to hear all opinions here. 

Obviously sponsors would help defray costs to bring down the price so more could afford them, probably closer to $40-$45.

No sponsors would be price them roughly $75-$90 depending on logo color, as Kevin said.

Would be nice to offer both types, but don't think at this point that will happen.

I would not purchase a jersey with sponsor logos. A $75-90 jersey would interest me, assuming I liked the colors/design.

Is the problem people have with sponsorship on the jersey an aesthetic issue?  One on each arm wont make you a walking/pedaling Nascar.  If the choice is between making the jersey attainable in price for more people as opposed to a select few, it seems like a no-brainer on which way to go.  But that also begs the question as to what kind of sponsorship will be on the jersey.  A big yellow "Stanley" sign a la Comiskey Park would be preferable for me.   

I see both sides of the coin (why I'm asking for some opinions) and if we go with sponsors they will hopefully be local bike shops or something local and/or bike-related. 

I can guarantee Shell Oil or BMW won't be a sponsor.....

Julie

Brendan said:

Is the problem people have with sponsorship on the jersey an aesthetic issue?  One on each arm wont make you a walking/pedaling Nascar.  If the choice is between making the jersey attainable in price for more people as opposed to a select few, it seems like a no-brainer on which way to go.  But that also begs the question as to what kind of sponsorship will be on the jersey.  A big yellow "Stanley" sign a la Comiskey Park would be preferable for me.   

Darnit! 

Well, what about having the guy from the Lexus dealership on Elston's face plastered on the back? 

Julie Hochstadter said:

I see both sides of the coin (why I'm asking for some opinions) and if we go with sponsors they will hopefully be local bike shops or something local and/or bike-related. 

I can guarantee Shell Oil or BMW won't be a sponsor.....

Julie

Brendan said:

I'd preferably buy a sponserless Jersey, but if logos are attached they must be minimal and tasteful.For example, I don't think any of the website's sidebar ads would translate well to a wool jersey. I'd just stick with a shop name or something. I think that logo patches would probably curl the wool after washing.

I can't imagine how much a sponsor would have to shell out to drop the price per jersey $30. That sounds unrealistic to me (but optimistic and awesome if it's true!), with out turning the jersey into a billboard. 

I have no problem with a sponsored jersey, especially if the logos were on each arm like Julie said, not obnoxiously displayed and if the sponsors were local bike shops or places like Active Trans and/or other bike related organizations.  I think Julie has made clear, she wouldn't approve of oil companies and the like as sponsors. 

Although we may be able to afford about $75-$80 for a  non-sponsored jersey, it would still be a stretch on the budget, since my husband and I would need to each get one which is why I think sponsorship wouldn't be all that bad of a thing to keep the price more affordable. 

Julie Hochstadter said:

Looks like Oregon Cycling has fairly nice vintage looking sponsored jersey.  Sponsors would be on each arm, not all over the jersey.

i love wool jerseys,,,especially woolistic's!!!!! but wool definetly is not cheap. count me in on preorder short sleeve jersey wether it it has sponsors or not.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service