The Chainlink

I live 5 miles away from where i work out here in the boonies, and each day now that's it's colder my coworkers say "your crazy to bike when it's so cold out" has anyone else heard these comments and what do you say to them?

Views: 190

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I tell them if they think I am crazy then they should hear what the voices in my head are saying right now...
I'll admit I've been following this thread but having a hard time parsing "OK" as a response.
Maybe I need to hear the intonation to understand how it's meant.
Is there any sort of hand gesture or eye-rolling or pelvic motion that accompanies it? Is it muttered under one's breath, or shouted with enthusiasm? Or posed as a question?
I"m thinking along the lines of a confused 'OK', as in, "OK, why do you think it's so cold out?"
H3N3 said:
I'll admit I've been following this thread but having a hard time parsing "OK" as a response.
Is there any sort of hand gesture or eye-rolling or pelvic motion that accompanies it? Is it muttered under one's breath, or shouted with enthusiasm? Or posed as a question?
I love this thread. I hear this almost everyday from friends and colleagues. I bike from the Uk Village to Uptown almost every weekday and I simply state, " I'm warm within 2 minutes," which is true.
So . . . kind of a David Spade thing?

Tank-Ridin' Ryan said:
I"m thinking along the lines of a confused 'OK', as in, "OK, why do you think it's so cold out?"
H3N3 said:
I guess. I haven't watched Spade in years.
H3N3 said:

Tank-Ridin' Ryan said:
H3N3 said:
I had a crossing guard tell me that it was too cold for me to be biking this morning. I feel bad crossing guards...they don't get to get moving and warm up like we do.
Allright, sorry, I'm sure you young whippersnappers have some equivalent snide sarcastic character from your young people shows (Outsourced? The Family Guy?) that would make an adequate reference.

Tank-Ridin' Ryan said:
I guess. I haven't watched Spade in years.
H3N3 said:

Tank-Ridin' Ryan said:
H3N3 said:
I'm 47. Started biking to work 9/2009; rode through all of last winter & will through this winter. Not a really big deal, 16 miles round trip from Buena Park to South Loop.
Sometimes I have a business dinner, date with wife, etc. and have to take the train; but bike wins hands down. 2010 have biked to work 179 days; took CTA 22 days.
When my peers question my sanity (any season) I pat myself on the stomach and say "13 pounds down and still going."
Honestly, the days I take the train I realize how much I don't miss it!
I was in a conversation about biking through the winter with my 80+ y.o aunt on Thanksgiving.

Her reply was "when did you get so weird"?
i've only recently started to cycle up and down the coast in search of ridable waves. the best surfing on the lake happens when colder air blows over the relatively warmer water (usually winter time). for some reason people don't even bother to ask any more... guess one look at the icicles hanging off of the mustache and eyebrows and they'll already have their answer.
The best are the "you're crazy" comments from people standing at a bus stop with no gloves or hat on when it's in the 20s. OK.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service