Wondering what is a good, solid track crank arms/chain ring for a decent price.  Crank arms preferably under $100, chain ring preferably under $60.  I pretty much just want to hear what you all ride, and how satisfied you are with it.

Views: 144

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've got the All City 612. Looks like $125 with a 46t Chainring. 

I have a FSA 49t Chainring. I've had no problems with either. 

I do have a brand new 51t 3/32 Dura Ace 144bcd chainring I'd sell you for $30. 

I have the FSA carbon Track cranks I got off of ebay for $100 look just like these.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FSA-CARBON-PRO-ISIS-ATB-Crank-Arm-Set-175mm...

There are tons of choices; if you just want a good crank and chain ring both Sturmey and Sugino make crank sets that you can get for ~80 bucks with chain ring.  They are not 'super cranks' like the Messenger or Zen but they are good cranks that will last.

I ride a crank that is, I think, a Sugino that was around 70 bucks with a chain guard and it has been fine for the last couple of years.

Lucas - That's a good deal on the chainring, but I'd like to stay in the 44-46t range that I'm used to.  I feel better with spinning than with crunching down on a tough ratio.

Joe - The FSA Carbons are beautiful!  However, it may take me a while to build back up my funds for those, as I have been buying a ton of winter apparel in preparation of biking/working.  I guess there is nothing wrong with waiting and getting the right stuff.  Especially since winter is right around the corner and the bike this is going on isn't my primary method of transportation....my other bike is!

DUG - I have also had good luck with Sugino.  Thanks for the suggestions!  I'll have to check out their websites and see if anything really sticks out, and then hit up the LBS for it.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service