The Chainlink

Take a look at Chicago's original bike map from 1898:

http://www.lib.uchicago.edu/e/su/maps/chi1890/G4104-C6E63-1898-A2.html

Views: 170

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

50-60 would be worth it to me.

I know it's a bit late to mention it but I notice that there is a file for the 1897 map which is a complete map w/o the missing corner...

h3 said:
Is lobster in season?
Upload completed- somehow managed to keep that window open for 3 hours . . .
waiting for an e-mail from the rep.
No idea what their pricing is but the friend who recommended them said $6-12 psf-- guessing we're looking at something like 24" wide by 30" tall here, i.e. maybe $50-60 range per poster . . . no clue about setup fees and such.

Jerry Nunez said:
I'm buying dinner.....
h3 said:
A little update. I receive the file in the mail today, a 300+ MB TIFF.
As you can imagine from the file size, the detail is phenomenal.
I will explore printing options; the instructions I received prior were that the file is to be for "personal or scholarly use." Trying to figure out how to share while staying true to the terms I agreed to.
I think the 1898 map shows more detail, too.

Can I get a copy? I skipped some of the postings, so not sure what the process is if you want one. Thanks in advance for any info. :-)

h3 said:
Damn . . . you know, I didn't even think about the missing corner.
Is it my imagination or does the 1898 map show much better detail of the central area?

notoriousDUG said:

I know it's a bit late to mention it but I notice that there is a file for the 1897 map which is a complete map w/o the missing corner...

h3 said:
Is lobster in season?
No idea what their pricing is but the friend who recommended them said $6-12 psf-- guessing we're looking at something like 24" wide by 30" tall here, i.e. maybe $50-60 range per poster . . . no clue about setup fees and such.

Jerry Nunez said:
I'm buying dinner.....
h3 said:
I will explore printing options; the instructions I received prior were that the file is to be for "personal or scholarly use." Trying to figure out how to share while staying true to the terms I agreed to.
YAY~~:)
dinner invite is still open

Erin said:
I think the 1898 map shows more detail, too.

Can I get a copy? I skipped some of the postings, so not sure what the process is if you want one. Thanks in advance for any info. :-)

h3 said:
Damn . . . you know, I didn't even think about the missing corner.
Is it my imagination or does the 1898 map show much better detail of the central area?

notoriousDUG said:

h3 said:
Is lobster in season?

Jerry Nunez said:
I'm buying dinner.....
h3 said:

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service