The Chainlink

The mass was very well-run last night.  That's in sharp contrast to the CF's that went off the last few months.  

It wasn't until the sprint at the end as it sped past the intended destination and off toward the lake on Wilson did it get sort of disorganized.  We can't have everything.

One negative thing I saw is the dude with the big backpack soundsystem who felt that the flower planters on Ashland was a place to toss his used "beverage" can.  Not cool.  That's not a bulb that is going to grow into a beautiful flower someday -it's litter, and you are a litterbug.  

8-10mph is a good speed and it kept the mass together and with few cars attempting to cross through or join in.  I saw a black VW bug and a big white stretched limo push into the mass but other than that the thicker more massed-up mass going at a more workable speed made things run so much smoothly and safely.  Even the cops were less douchy than normal which is a first -although I did hear one cop bragging about how he "is having flashbacks to NATO"  Then again, what can you expect from that type...

Views: 380

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree, it was a great mass. The bad things I saw were few and far between. One pedestrain stood boldly at the curb giving the whole mass the one fingered salute. What a jerk. Also, nearly got hit by a beer can flying out a car wondow. The driver threw it, think maybe he shouldn't be behind the wheel!

All and all a lot of fun. Can't wait till next month.

I was about 2/3 of the way back for most of the ride, so it was hard to know what was going on at the front. but things seemed exceedingly smooth to me until my friend's chain snapped before Fullerton/Kimball, except it seemed like riders were going down left and right, often for no apparent reason.  At that point in the ride there were certainly a few small straggler groups but for the most part I would still characterize the ride as "together."

Did the majority of riders pass the "destination" or did there end up being some sort of happening? The folks I was with didn't seem to know that there was a destination or that there was a theme to the ride until I mentioned it later on.

Best thing about the ride for me was that we did a few things I can't recall the mass doing before; I know we've been to North/Pulaski but I don't recall ever riding Pulaski to Fullerton or riding Fullerton west of Kedzie.

Warner Music Group blocked the video? I'm curious whether you added a soundtrack, or was it music playing from one of the mobile speakers?

I had a really fun time riding in the May CM, my first one, but it won't be my last.

Ace Mann said:

I saw a guy mooning the whole group. He must not have known police also ride. One of them did a quick u turn when they saw him......

I didn't see any of you and I did the whole thing (which rarely happens).  I agree it was nice and relaxed and the ending point at the Indian American Center was great.

They are taking over my garden as a community  project this summer and may call the garden The Chris Drew Memorial Garden. 

I liked the mass up locater, I was late and without it I'd have missed it.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service