We're heading out to the North Branch Trail for the morning. Anyone have a road bike that I can borrow on Saturday the 7th at 8 am until about 1 pm? 

Wishing for something that suits a 5'5" rider. (Me! My bike's broken!) Thanks. 

Views: 209

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't have one, but can ask around.  Could you pick it up from Lincoln Park (thinking of someone in particular, actually looking at it now). 

if it's ok with her I'll take a pic. give me 5.

Oh, sure. I can pick up in Lincoln Square. I don't wear clipless, but I can change the pedals probably quite easily. The only options I have now are a frame that I'd have to put some work into and won't really have time for that or a bike that's much too large. I'm not particularly concerned with how it looks. I need it to work and not be too tall or small. 

You can ride it. Here are pictures.  standover is 30 inches, or something.

The seat just needs to be tightened (I don't have tools on me).  Let's chat offline about pick up and drop off. 

Just found something that should work, but thanks anyway, Julie! Is this a single speed?

I'm still open to something that's easier to get (I'm in Logan Square) but I'm certainly not going to be lazy about this. The friend who's lending me something is in Lincoln Square, too. The catch is that the further it is from me, the later the return might be. (closer to 3, I guess.) I've got some afternoon dog walker stuff to do midday on Saturday. 

Just sitting out on the patio last night with friends who were planning a Saturday ride and I was like, "I'd love to do it, too!" And then I realized, I don't have a road bike. That was a slightly awful feeling. 

Ok.  Yes it's single speed.  Have fun tomorrow!

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service