The Chainlink

Day One:  

• Yummy Caribou(?) coffee and Cliff bars -NOM!
  • Sweet hydration bottles filled with fliers and goodies (no stickers though, unfortunately.)
  • Nice people and a handy mechanic to lend a helping hands to those who might need it.
  • XRT/ATA/MoS&I-branded cuff clip (although both mine and my wife's fell off the first half mile after the pit stop :(  I think we need some training on how to put these things on.  I'm used to the old-fashioned velcro-type.

Not too bad!

Kinzie is not yet finished all the way to Wells.  It's only the first 1/4-mile East of Milwaukee and then it is back to the same-old same-old bumper-car course. 

Right now they are talking about BTW week on WBEZ.  It'll be a good week.

Views: 488

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Todays Swag:

sweet. hey - do those (white) reflectors light up ? (I got one yesterday and see it has a button on it)

DB

Which checkpoint had all that stuff?  My wife woosed out of riding due to the rain.  While she is a pagan she isn't THAT KIND of witch that melts in the rain -but I couldn't convince her.  I was sleeping in today but I should run out and get me one of those hats and the other neat stuff and do my morning errands.

yup, about 3 settings that I can see; solid on, dim flash, bright flash

dan brown said:

sweet. hey - do those (white) reflectors light up ? (I got one yesterday and see it has a button on it)

DB

there are chainlink stickers; but they go fast. they are great for bike tubes and helmets.

the bookmarks make great spoke cards btw (thanks julie ;-)

DB

James Baum said:

I spent 10 minutes trying to peel the back off of the chainlink "sticker" until I realized it wasn't a sticker.   Alcohol might have been involved.  I eventually just taped it to my tool box...
Which stop was that? I didn't see any caps at Lincoln/Wells/Clark. Or maybe those were only for special people that belong to the secret society of cycling cap keepers.  

in it to win it said:

Todays Swag:

It was Lincoln/Wells/Clark

Also had some nice coffee with real cream and sweetener; good warmup for this AM.

James Baum said:

Which checkpoint had all that stuff?  My wife woosed out of riding due to the rain.  While she is a pagan she isn't THAT KIND of witch that melts in the rain -but I couldn't convince her.  I was sleeping in today but I should run out and get me one of those hats and the other neat stuff and do my morning errands.
I knew it! You must be part of the secret cap keeper club- no such happy hats were there when I arrived.  Sorry, I am a big giddy with coffee today.

in it to win it said:

Also had some nice coffee with real cream and sweetener; good warmup for this AM.

James Baum said:

I really wanted to stop by the green city market this morning to stop by the pitstop, but I wimped out and took the L, which was so crowded I wished I was on my bike after all.
They weren't out for the taking.  You had to stop at the Clif bar table and one of the people there had them.  I apppreciated the seat cover more than the cap.  But I missed out on the light-up reflectors

Melanie said:
I knew it! You must be part of the secret cap keeper club- no such happy hats were there when I arrived.  Sorry, I am a big giddy with coffee today.

in it to win it said:

James Baum said:

Day 3:

The Polish Triangle pit stop had the nice velcro-type pantleg keepers like last year.  I got myself a new one as well as a sweet tire patch/lever set from Rapid Transit and RT coupons.   The patch kit is nice because it come with 3 levers that snap together like the Pedro's levers but not so honking big.   3 of them take up less room than 2 Pedro's so I think the Pedro's levers will live in the tool box from now on next to the Kool-Stop jack.     

I also snagged a neat laminated spoke card and a bananaphone.  The reception was terrible (must have been AT$T)-so I ate it.  

Thanks to the Polish Triangle staffers for staying open a little past 9AM so us laggards who didn't want to get out of bed this rainy morning could still get some swaggage. 

I picked up a pant leg strap and some coffee on bum island, they let me hang out and get stuff without a bike since I had crutches and an active trans membership.  I was going to grab a water bottle but didn't want to get greedy since I wasn't on bike. I was hoping to be well enough to bike in at least one day this week, but its not in the cards.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service