The Chainlink

Day One:  

• Yummy Caribou(?) coffee and Cliff bars -NOM!
  • Sweet hydration bottles filled with fliers and goodies (no stickers though, unfortunately.)
  • Nice people and a handy mechanic to lend a helping hands to those who might need it.
  • XRT/ATA/MoS&I-branded cuff clip (although both mine and my wife's fell off the first half mile after the pit stop :(  I think we need some training on how to put these things on.  I'm used to the old-fashioned velcro-type.

Not too bad!

Kinzie is not yet finished all the way to Wells.  It's only the first 1/4-mile East of Milwaukee and then it is back to the same-old same-old bumper-car course. 

Right now they are talking about BTW week on WBEZ.  It'll be a good week.

Views: 488

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

iggy rocks. I wanted to get one but had to rush home and cook dinner for my two sons. I am determined to get mine friday on the way to tour de shore !

Laura said:
Last night Iggi was determined to get a bike chicago t-shirt at goose island. He got off his train early and road 20-30 min with a metal pipe on his top tube and some baby seedlings on the side of his bag to meet me there. I think he earned his t-shirt
james - just put the ankle band around your seat tube or seat stays...it is almost as effective as a taillight..and can be transferred to a bag, ankle, dog or another bike easier than a light.

James Baum said:

Day 2:

The Lime-green ankle strap seems to be made of 'stronger stuff" than the orange ones my wife and I got yesterday that promptly fell off of both of us withing the first half mile.    Maybe it is just my imagination since I dont' have any way of measuring it other than the fact that the Yellow one didn't fall off yet while the orange one has on the same pants (yeah, I'm a guy -and don't always put on clean pants every day.  I'm saving wash water ;)  Maybe I'm getting better at putting it on.

Are these elusive T-shirts free and are they still giving them out? I might have to hit a bunch of different spots tomorrow morning and evening, just to make up for missing the first 2 days of swag. 

Laura said:
Last night Iggi was determined to get a bike chicago t-shirt at goose island. He got off his train early and road 20-30 min with a metal pipe on his top tube and some baby seedlings on the side of his bag to meet me there. I think he earned his t-shirt

I want to know where the super-secret cow level is where I can get the cow-king +5 T-shirt!  I don't even care if I have to fight a whole ye olde hoarde of uber hell-bovine to get it!  (geekygamer  Diablo2 reference.)

And Dan, that is a BRILLIANT idea!  it's not like i can make my 50lb  beast of an IGH bike noticeably heavier by adding more stuff to it.

Melanie said:

Are these elusive T-shirts free and are they still giving them out? I might have to hit a bunch of different spots tomorrow morning and evening, just to make up for missing the first 2 days of swag. 

melanie - the coveted t-shirts are NOT available at the pit stops. you need to go to the BtW rally at daily plaza friday to secure one. they are way cool (I saw one this morning) : I will be there at 7:15 am to get mine (along with the free breakfast ;-)

DB

James Baum said:

I want to know where the super-secret cow level is where I can get the cow-king +5 T-shirt!  I don't even care if I have to fight a whole ye olde hoarde of uber hell-bovine to get it!  (geekygamer  Diablo2 reference.)

And Dan, that is a BRILLIANT idea!  it's not like i can make my 50lb  beast of an IGH bike noticeably heavier by adding more stuff to it.

Melanie said:

Thanks DB! 

I guess I will be getting up extra early on Friday to check it out. Extra mile past my office, but I am a sucker for cool free shirts, free breakfast and I guess the rally would be nice, too. Like I said before, bike to work week is everyday for me, so I am not quite into the celebratory aspect of it, but I do wish to reap the benefits :p 

dan brown said:

melanie - the coveted t-shirts are NOT available at the pit stops. you need to go to the BtW rally at daily plaza friday to secure one. they are way cool (I saw one this morning) : I will be there at 7:15 am to get mine (along with the free breakfast ;-)

DB

James Baum said:

Melanie said:

So I  still need a tome of town portal and a Wirt's leg, and then combine them in my horadoric cube iwhile standing n the rogue encampment of Act 1 to open the portal to Daley Center?
I spent 10 minutes trying to peel the back off of the chainlink "sticker" until I realized it wasn't a sticker.   Alcohol might have been involved.  I eventually just taped it to my tool box...

James Baum said:
I spent 10 minutes trying to peel the back off of the chainlink "sticker" until I realized it wasn't a sticker.   Alcohol might have been involved.  I eventually just taped it to my tool box...
Glad you tried it first. I already had a place picked out on my bike for it!

James Baum said:
It's like a double-wide business card or something...

It was nice to be cheered on for commuting this morning at Wells/Lincoln/Clark.  The swag of the day was:

2 water bottles, a clip on blinky light thing, a bunch of cliff bars, some coffee, a banana and a reflective ankle cuff! Oh, and little pin for the 2 mile challenge from Cliff bar company.

Yay for free stuff. I was the only one on Lincoln going southbound today- I guess some people don't like rain- but nothing stops me from getting free stuff. I am on a mission for more tomorrow.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service