The Chainlink

Bike valet service gets rolling at Willis Tower

By ROSALIND ROSSI Transportation Reporter March 26, 2013 9:02PM

As the tallest building in North America, Willis Tower aims for the top, and officials think they’ve hit it for bicycle commuters with a new “bike valet’’ service.

For $250 a year, commuters can hand off their bikes to valets in the morning, and call the Willis Tower lobby at work day’s end to ready their bikes for the ride home.

Ordering up bike valet service by text message is next on the horizon.

A string of free services also comes with the annual tab — a yearly bike tune-up, four bike washes, and storage in a heated garage with 24/7 security-camera monitoring.

Basic monthly storage with bike valet service is also available for $25 a month, but the annual program is “one of the best deals in town,’’ says Jenna Obluck, who bikes to her United Airlines office at Willis Tower, 233 S. Wacker, about 10 months a year.

More ....

Views: 933

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

One Financial Place, at Van Buren and Financial Place offers 24/7 bike parking for either $20 / month or $150 / year, last I checked. It's very secure.

Is this the one with horse statue?

I may check this out on Monday.

Joe Guzzardo said:

One Financial Place, at Van Buren and Financial Place offers 24/7 bike parking for either $20 / month or $150 / year, last I checked. It's very secure.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service