The Chainlink

I am doing Bike the Drive for the first time in quite a few years and just got my packet in the mail.  A few comments....

The number/wrist band stuff seems to be a lot more complicated than back in the first couple of inceptions.    I appreciate the work that the CBF (yes.. I know ATA... I HATE their new "mission" as it does a dis-service to bicycle riders -- yes Ashland BRT I am looking right at you....) does, but I really question the degree to which they seem to believe that they can "control" public property.  I recall in past BTD's "pirates" that rode without having a number (or a helmet).    Most of us still registered and I think most of us still will.  What's the "new" policy on pirates? 

A second (curmudgeonly) observation.  I don't really like the T-Shirt at all.  It is primarily white.    White shirts, when wet are, un, pretty transparent.  As these are Unisex, I think they should have been a less transparent color.... 

Views: 921

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wait.  Is Active Trans still using wristbands in 2041? I would think that they use instant face recognition by then and just charge your credit card...

I for one think it's nice to have a morning in which LSD isn't clogged by all the robot-driven flying cars.

By 2041, the Drive will have been depaved and will be a bucolic green meadow with happy grazing sheep and ducks roaming along it.  Bet on it.

Will they allow hoverbikes, or just ye olde-fashioned wheeled kind?

In the year 2041, people will still complain about us riding on Lake Shore Drive while they frown on us as they shoot by in their pneumatic tubes...

I can't imagine a more dismal future than one with flying cars.

David Altenburg said:

I for one think it's nice to have a morning in which LSD isn't clogged by all the robot-driven flying cars.

Flybikes, but unfortunately theftproofing will still be lagging behind.

Dave Jacque said:

Will they allow hoverbikes, or just ye olde-fashioned wheeled kind?

I would hope we finally have our personal jet packs by then.

Jaik, hate to burst your pneumatic tube there, but that's the year 3000.  You're getting even farther ahead of David who's already 27 years ahead of the rest of us.

Jaik - 4.3mi said:

In the year 2041, people will still complain about us riding on Lake Shore Drive while they frown on us as they shoot by in their pneumatic tubes...

Dang...so much for our hyperloop in Chicago...

Tank-Ridin' Ryan said:

Jaik, hate to burst your pneumatic tube there, but that's the year 3000.  You're getting even farther ahead of David who's already 27 years ahead of the rest of us.

This year will be my first BTD - just got my packet as well!

Quick question: I'd rather not lug my lock along with me. Is the free bike valet pretty quick/easy/convenient, or more of a mob scene? I'd rather spend my time riding and enjoying the festivities than queueing up to drop off/retrieve my ride.

I hope by 2041 my hovercraft will still be full of eels...

RSS

Groups

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service