The Chainlink

I've searched the forum and the last time anybody talked about this was two years ago, so i'm going to consider that information mostly irrelevant.  However, has anyone gone bike camping yet or possibly last year? Im looking for a good weekend getaway that isn't too far out of the city or too far from a train if weather turns and my friend and I decide to head home.  I've always wanted to go bike camping, and I went to a couple different camp grounds last year (via car) such as chain-o-lakes and the dunes.  And although those places are nice, I hiked all their trails and seen most of what those places have to offer.  And even though my friends and I aren't rowdy, we always enjoy relaxing with a quiet mug of red wine by the fire after supper and it would be even more relaxing if the place didn't have security poking around so much.  We're looking for a four or five hour ride outside of the city, but someplace that isn't more than a few miles from the train.  I'm still fairly new to Chicago, so any suggestions would be awesome!   

Views: 538

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Unfortunately, I won't be heading up that way for several more weeks. Hope you have a great time!

Matt M. said:

The hour is upon us. Were you planning to meet our tour group?

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service