The Chainlink

The point of the Bicycle Photo Tag is to reproduce a similar photo of an object or place that can be found in many different locations around the world. Much like a scavenger hunt, examples include specific street signs, a railway crossing with train, yourself at a toll booth with reciept, etc.... Get creative

Rules are easy...

1. Find a SIMILAR (ie; Not The Same, Different) tag and reproduce the photo (as best as possible). Take the tag to a new location, get the photo and post it here.
2. Upon posting your new tag, the tagger is responsible for specifying what it is in the photo that must be reproduced. Be specific, but not so specific that no one else will be able to play because we couldn't find another pink school bus.
* Try to place the tags in interesting locations, objects or places that could probably be found in at least the majority of the planet.
3. Tag must be: Common amongst all human habitation. Dirt is ok, but remember most of us are on street bikes. We don't want to exclude those who don't like to get dirty (wimps).
4. The first person to post a found tag gets to place the next tag. If you get a tag, but somebody else posts their picture first, you lose (bruced).
5. One tag at a time within thread. File photos are NOT permitted. You gotta ride to play this game.
6. No whining There are plenty of folks here that will help you understand the rules
7. The holder of the tag determines if the tag has been duplicated and acknowledges it by posting on the thread. (Surrendering the Tag)
8. No Pre-Arranged Tag Handoffs / Linear Tag sequence
9. Last but not least, should the tag be soo ridiculous that no one is able to reproduce it, it can be voted down if a majority of the active participants feel necessary.

Remember, the point of this is not to win the game, or get a better picture than the guy who just "bruced" you, the point is the ride. On that note, if someone tags a post office. Rather than get out and ride a block to my local post office, I might ride an hour or so, out to the historic post office a few neighborhoods over.... Make it interesting.

So the first tag is your bike in front of a house with Xmas lights

Views: 21026

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Looks like the closest might be in Will County.  I guess I will have to hope that someone gets the 1812 vet before you make it to Will!

Hate to break it to you all (and give it away!) but Rose Hill cemetery claims Revolutionary War veterans as well!

John Montgomery, Princeville Twp. Cemetery, Peoria County.   Kegger at Lisa's.  Details to follow.

Some more shots of the markers.  Notice he was all of 12 years old when the war started. 

Wow!  That is really cool, but where are my friends who could have just found a War of 1812 veteran!?  I don't drink beer, so you will have to tell me where and how to pay up.

Nice find, Mark!  As we just passed Memorial Day, here's a bit more about the life of soldier Montgomery:

"MONTGOMERY, JOHN -

was in the Virginia line of troops. He was born in Virginia in 1764 and died in Peoria county, Illinois, January 26, 1845, and is buried in the Princeville cemetery. "A Soldier of the Revolution" is

inscribed on his tombstone. He was pensioned.

("Illinois Revolutionary War Veteran Burials", 1917)"

Great job Mark! But you got so excited about the kegger you haven't posted the next photo to hunt for!

Since it was my own tag, I considered the Revolutionary Keg Challenge to be sort of a side bet.  Someone still needs to come up with a pic of their bike with a War of 1812 vet's gravesite.  Should be pretty easy, I saw several today while looking for Mr. Mongomery. Montgomery. 

Everyone was so excited about the beer and the Revolutionary War vet grave that we forgot it WAS YOUR TAG in the first place!  LOL

This was an awesome theme. Good job Mark!

mark stetson said:

Some more shots of the markers.  Notice he was all of 12 years old when the war started. 

The only challenge there would be getting your bike inside without the security guard noticing.

Sarah D. 1-3.3 said:

Hate to break it to you all (and give it away!) but Rose Hill cemetery claims Revolutionary War veterans as well!

Game's dead now isn't it ...

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service