Has anyone tried hopstop.com?

I checked out the site and planned a bike route for my usual daily commute and it gave me a different route than Google maps commonly used LFP and I think was a bit aggressive. For the same amount of distance, the one that goes through Clark for will only take me <40 min using hopstop.com.

I was thinking of checking it out tomorrow, by going to work with the route given by Hopstop and see how long it will take me.

The one from Google maps is about ~5 minutes off from my actual commute.

Views: 177

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Never tried it until you just mentioned it, but it seems to work out better for me since I have played with a few of my regular routes on it, and it seems to find the faster routes, albeit maybe not the most preferred as far as if you are concerned about bike lanes, etc. 

I usually only use the Google maps for a general idea of how to get to where I am going, and found that it tends to use the LFP and known bike routes/trails, and many times trails that go through parks and such, which can be out of the way and not the most direct.  After trying the hopstop.com site  it gives me closer to what I am looking for (faster route) although maybe not as safe as taking a trail or bike specific route. 

Thanks for the heads up on a another site to use for route planning! :)

Neat looking site.  Thanks! 

I've put it in my favorites so I can test it out later.  

I love the estimated calories burned and CO2 savings.  On the other hand, it seems to think that the pathetic excuse for a bike lane that pops up here and there on Archer is some kind of "Bike Path".

I'd agree that the route it suggested to me was aggressive. Hopstop suggested taking Archer, which is a mostly a cyclist's nightmare. Faster is not better as far as I'm concerned.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service