The Chainlink

I'm thinking we could leave early on a Saturday, stay the night, and then head back Sunday afternoon. It's about 50 miles, so probably take 5 hours or so. I've never ridden it, so if anyone has a path or suggestions, post em!

Maybe last weekend in May or First in June...?

Views: 829

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good question.

Brett Ratner said:
So...has anyone looked into reserving camp sites? Should we all reserve our own, or should we try to get one big one that will accommodate the whole group?
According to the website it is on a first come basis...They say it fills up pretty quickly on the Friday. So we'll see when we get there Saturday. We're crafty people, I'm sure we'll figure something out!
http://www.nps.gov/indu/planyourvisit/feesandreservations.htm

Brett Ratner said:
So...has anyone looked into reserving camp sites? Should we all reserve our own, or should we try to get one big one that will accommodate the whole group?
I like your attitude. We are crafty people! We'll figure something out.

Also, my mom and dad are retired and in the summer, they volunteer at state parks and national parks in exchange for a free camping spot. I'll ask them if they have any suggestions. Last summer, they volunteered at Rock Cut State Park. It's not an Indiana State Park, but it was first come, first served.
i have no problem sleepin on the beach. ill just lock my bike to my leg. :) infact i bet thats whats gonna happen anyway. we're gonna be chillin on the beach anyway. might as well sleep there. haha.
More like pass out drunk on beach...

joe said:
i have no problem sleepin on the beach. ill just lock my bike to my leg. :) infact i bet thats whats gonna happen anyway. we're gonna be chillin on the beach anyway. might as well sleep there. haha.
unless someone can go Friday to reserve the campground. Another option is mail a reservation for later in the season.
Hah, I say we send someone! I can just imagine someone sitting in a lawn chair with a stick and a beer, fighting people off! Haha, Joe, that's your job!!!!

Julie Hochstadter said:
unless someone can go Friday to reserve the campground. Another option is mail a reservation for later in the season.
i'd be interested to meetup at the border and do this ride..

i ride to the dunes pretty regularly and i normally take the "all bike paths" route..

i posted it on bikely, but i cant find it anymore.
Sounds good!

o0_dan_0o said:

i ride to the dunes pretty regularly and i normally take the "all bike paths" route..

I think it would be cool if we could reserve a spot big enough for the group- if we can get a # of definates.

Lindsay E. Stout said:
Sounds good! o0_dan_0o said:

I think it would be cool if we could reserve a spot big enough for the group, that would also secure a spot in case we ended up arriving super late due to more broken chain rings- - that is if we can get a # of definates.

Lindsay E. Stout said:

Don...I was sortof thinking the same thing. I'm sure they have big sites for organized groups.

Who wants to take the lead on reserving a big spot? I'm happy to do it if no one is already looking into it.

Also, I was wondering if someone should post this as a Chainlink event so people can RSVP and we can get a decent idea of who's coming.

DonRay said:
I think it would be cool if we could reserve a spot big enough for the group, that would also secure a spot in case we ended up arriving super late due to more broken chain rings- - that is if we can get a # of definates.

Lindsay E. Stout said:

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service