The Chainlink

I'm thinking we could leave early on a Saturday, stay the night, and then head back Sunday afternoon. It's about 50 miles, so probably take 5 hours or so. I've never ridden it, so if anyone has a path or suggestions, post em!

Maybe last weekend in May or First in June...?

Views: 541

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here is my route...I am doing a tour this summer that spends the first night at Indiana Dunes...

http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-states/il/chicago/750200588341
im down. let me know when u decide on a date...give me 2 weeks so i can make sure im off work and i dont have any company from out of town.
Hey, Lindsay:

I was one of the people on the 3-floyds "Dark Lord" ride you did a few weeks back.

I'd be down for this...let's just make sure everyone bring lots of spare inner tubes and patch kits (for passing through Hammond, IN), and hope for better weather!
definitely in. just give me enough heads up i can make sure work is cleared... or at least beg some people to switch shifts!
Welcome Brett!! Brandon and Joe, it's gonna be Trader Joes vs Whole Foods! How about we make it first week in June, June 6th....Hope you guys can get off work, I'll tell my boss man today. And Joe, you should probably carry extra chain rings, you never know when it's just going to fall off.
i put a steel one on...now i just need to get a new BB...then another crank set. 6th sounds good to me.

Lindsay E. Stout said:
Welcome Brett!! Brandon and Joe, it's gonna be Trader Joes vs Whole Foods! How about we make it first week in June, June 6th....Hope you guys can get off work, I'll tell my boss man today. And Joe, you should probably carry extra chain rings, you never know when it's just going to fall off.
June 6 works for me...

Joe, I think the bike gods owe you one. As such, the chances of you breaking two chain rings in one lifetime are slim to none.

Since we're gonna have a lot more gear than normal, this might be the excuse I needed to get a bike trailer. If I get one, I'll be happy to haul a couple of things that people can't fit on their bikes. It appears Elliot has a trailer as well, assuming he wants to use it.
I forgot to add the link to info on reserving a camp site.

http://www.duneland.com/camping/camping.htm


Brett Ratner said:
June 6 works for me...

Joe, I think the bike gods owe you one. As such, the chances of you breaking two chain rings in one lifetime are slim to none.

Since we're gonna have a lot more gear than normal, this might be the excuse I needed to get a bike trailer. If I get one, I'll be happy to haul a couple of things that people can't fit on their bikes. It appears Elliot has a trailer as well, assuming he wants to use it.
I would like to get in on this as well - JUNE 6th. I don't really have any camping equipment though...would this be a problem?
if the weather is decent u really just need a sleeping bag...and some warmer clothes maybe.

DonRay said:
I would like to get in on this as well - JUNE 6th. I don't really have any camping equipment though...would this be a problem?
I'm there, im pretty sure i can come up with a sleeping bag - I can help haul some gear as well.

joe said:
if the weather is decent u really just need a sleeping bag...and some warmer clothes maybe.

DonRay said:
I would like to get in on this as well - JUNE 6th. I don't really have any camping equipment though...would this be a problem?
I'm interested. May camp and spend the night or come back on the electric line. Not sure yet.

RSS

Groups

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service