The Chainlink

Are the Marauders and other like minded cyclists meeting up before the Mcdonalds Midnight L.A.T.E Ride somewhere? Anyone planning on crashing the ride in large numbers?

I don't see anyone discussing this happening online or in person. And for some reason I ain't on the MM list serve, I should probably get on that.

 

Two years ago the L.A.T.E Ride audit was super bad ass fun. It was certainly one of the more memorable midnight rides in recent memory.

 

If you're joining us, please, RSVP and invite your friends on Facebook [ https://www.facebook.com/events/411389172247347 ] or the Chainlink [ http://www.thechainlink.org/events/mcdonalds-l-a-t-e-ride-audit ]!

 



Views: 6316

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Peer pressure?

h' said:

I'm curious to know what motivates people to volunteer for this event, fee or no fee.

Some people have the inescapable need to feel special and to cultivate the praise and accolades of their peer group.  Without it they wilt and are unable to support their own sense of self-worth.   It's a hive-mind thing.  

h' said:

I'm curious to know what motivates people to volunteer for this event, fee or no fee.

Or nothing else to do

James BlackHeron said:

Some people have the inescapable need to feel special and to cultivate the praise and accolades of their peer group.  Without it they wilt and are unable to support their own sense of self-worth.   It's a hive-mind thing.  

h' said:

I'm curious to know what motivates people to volunteer for this event, fee or no fee.

Not sure if I expressed myself well . . . was not looking for wholesale disparagement of people who are willing to volunteer for events hosted by mission-driven NFPs, I just . . . find this particular event so . . . unexciting.  I can't wrap my brain around what one would find so appealing/motivating about it.  I think it would be more fun to attend a dance party in a Microsoft store.

Would be genuinely interested to hear from anyone who feel supportive of this event and what motivates them.

you guys are silly with all these posts! too many odd balls. .. and by odd balls, i mean people that can't relax and go with da flow. someone pass out some xanax. 

i'll be there. pink thong under my riding shorts and pbr in both my cages. 

douche baggery at it's finest.

in years past, did volunteers at least get free mcmuffins at the end?

Just Will said:

So, if you're out there helping with the flow of the ride, or do first aid, you have to pay $10 for the privilege. Awesome!

Course marshal volunteers and on-bike medic volunteers pay only $10

 

A $10 off coupon for angioplasty at a local heart clinic. 

igz said:

in years past, did volunteers at least get free mcmuffins at the end?

Just Will said:

So, if you're out there helping with the flow of the ride, or do first aid, you have to pay $10 for the privilege. Awesome!

Course marshal volunteers and on-bike medic volunteers pay only $10

 

Your stepping on everyone's toes, dummy!

Well that's nothing new.

Robert Beck said:

Your stepping on everyone's toes, dummy!

Wasn't gonna audit but the trOll sold me.  

If the author of the article that compared bike theft to auditing is going there's reason #2.  

Is anyone else having trouble getting to the Event Page on FB?  I just mounted a wireless boom box and cant wait to crash the ride.   Hit me up on Twitter if you want to share a pint or 3.  @southchicago

in retrospect..... since the ride was on the bike path, I'm _really_ glad we weren't riding against the ride. Riding North on the LFP ~3:30-4 was scary enough with all the new (...blind?) riders coming south.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service