The Chainlink

Anybody game for setting up a trip to Zion the 3rd, 4th or 5th weekend April?

Um...yeah, what I just said.  Anybody game?

Views: 429

Replies to This Discussion

Instant espresso is the way to go! Liz got me addicted to Medaglia Instant Brand.. very very tasty!

@Robert.. there will plenty of people there that have travel camping pots and stoves for hot water.. don't load yourself up with unnecessary weight. everyone is pretty friendly and willing to share amoungst the group

For the Flag: I vote White and Brown.. that was my initial thought... Kinda reminds me of brownies or cub scouts (without the blue of course)

if you don't want to be volunteered for it.. Andrea Bolks can do it. She wants to play with her new sewing machine

Liz said:

No need for a coffee pot, use instant espresso, its really good

http://www.amazon.com/Medaglia-DOro-Instant-Espresso-Coffee/dp/B000...

Also if the ride there/home is awful, we can always jump on the metra. 

There's also 3 hotels for those who don't want to spend the night outdoors.

@Shar - cool!  I'll grab a couple 6 packs from amazon!

recently found this thing which can really make a killer cup o' coffee...

...also been roasting beans with a very simple portable rig which i came up with.

You can also get it at most Jewels stores or treasure island.

1 small thing of it makes a lot of coffee. 

Robert said:

@Shar - cool!  I'll grab a couple 6 packs from amazon!
it seems austin powers uses one too!

So this device will Enlarge the amount of drinkable coffee that can be made from a Small amount of grounds?  

Thank gawd you said something, shapeshifter, because between your screen name and that screen image, I fell down so hard laughing that I needed someone to help pull me and my mind out of the gutter. LOL!  

Beyond all that childish non-sense, it really does look like a handy device! ;-)

shapeshifter said:

it seems austin powers uses one too!

heheheh... originally bought that thing-a-ma-bob in lieu of a $$,$$$.¢¢ plate and frame filter for small batch manufacture processes i've been developing. just recently was able to come up with a killer 420 high scream which was presented at several san francisco dispensaries. then discovered that it does in fact make a strong cuppa java.
I've got to send my regrets. Sorry about that. I couldn't get my tent ready in time.  Three weeks ago, I put my tent poles and carry bag in at Sherper's in Hales Corners.  Their tentmaker, Ken restrung the poles, but he hasn't yet gotten end caps for them yet.  He made the wrong size bag and has to make a new one the same dimensions as the original tent bag.  On top of that, I tried a couple of weekends ago to get to Sherper's by bus and bike.  When I got off at Southridge Mall, the outdoors looked like a snow globe.  Since the wet, slushy snow was causing unsafe conditions, I had to turn back that Saturday.  I hope to see you all again later this year when all my equipment is ready.
Sorry to hear you won't be there Barry, but I'm sure there will be other trips.

Barry Niel Stuart said:
I've got to send my regrets. Sorry about that. I couldn't get my tent ready in time.  Three weeks ago, I put my tent poles and carry bag in at Sherper's in Hales Corners.  Their tentmaker, Ken restrung the poles, but he hasn't yet gotten end caps for them yet.  He made the wrong size bag and has to make a new one the same dimensions as the original tent bag.  On top of that, I tried a couple of weekends ago to get to Sherper's by bus and bike.  When I got off at Southridge Mall, the outdoors looked like a snow globe.  Since the wet, slushy snow was causing unsafe conditions, I had to turn back that Saturday.  I hope to see you all again later this year when all my equipment is ready.
sorry it took me so long to respond...but i like option b...or white background and brown graphics

Liz said:

Ok so now the debate is color scheme, I'm thinking either:

a: white background, red for your graphic and a blue stripe top and bottom

b: white for your graphic and DNR brown for the background

iggi said:

easy flag idea...

the sun is really a cog.  the A is the tent from the sign.

I'm still in for this weekend- Most of the trail to the camping area is paved, and it isn't going to be bone chilling cold. Also, the last time we went to Zion it had poured rain during the entire ride there and  although my partner and I were soaking wet, the campsite was fine- just remember to bring a footprint for your tent.
or at least a tarp.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service