The Chainlink

Saw this one on the Wisconsin Bike Fed blog:

http://wisconsinbikefed.org/2016/06/22/driver-hits-kills-co-worker-...

Unlike other incidents I've seen reported, this one appears to involve people who likely knew each other. The two were coworkers, both working for WS Packaging Solutions in Algoma, WI.

Views: 10804

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A later report identified the victim in the Hilton Head crash as Matthew Proctor, age 54.

Driver charged in the San Antonio crash.

In reviewing my Google alert for cyclist deaths, I noticed this item:

Kalamazoo 5-foot bicycle ordinance gets green light

I think it's a good thing in general, though considering the details of that crash, I suspect it wouldn't have helped in that instance.

Also, at the end of the short piece was an indication that improved bike safety is under consideration at the state level in Michigan:

Tomorrow in Lansing, the Kalamazoo County prosecutor is set to testify in front of a Senate subcommittee, regarding new legislation that would stiffen penalties for drivers who injure or kill vulnerable road users, like bicyclists or runners.

I hope this ordinance helps cyclists' there.

A later report identified the victim in the Santa Maria crash as Frank Barrios, Jr, age 57.

A later report identified the victim in the Fairfield crash as Paul Lorms, age 71.

A later report identified the victim in the Santa Rosa crash as Amos Franklin Bish, Jr.

This strikes particularly close to home for me:

A later report identified the victim as Chuyuan “Chu” Qiu.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service