The Chainlink

$90 Gift Certificate for a Village Cycle Center tune up in exchange for a good six-pack of beer.

Mrs Duppie won a gift certificate at the chainlink halloween party.

Unfortunately we have no use for it. But we always have use for some good beer...

So in return for a nice six pack of craft beer, you can have the gift certificate. First one to offer a beer of our liking gets it. (Note that is not the same as the first one responding)

We are particularly partial to German style and Belgian style beers.

Here is the print on the certificate:

$90 towards any tune-up package at Village Cycle Center. Expires 12/31/2011

Views: 469

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Have you ever tried that bud & clam? I haven't yet, and I was intrigued until i read some reviews on Beer Advocate. The reviews are hilariously bad: http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/29/37424

But seriously, anything from North Coast Brewing would be a good choice. I am particularly fond of La Merle, which is best domestically brewed saison I've tasted.

Brendan said:

Yeah, no love for the domestics, eh?

Not into natural flavors and certified colors?  That's cool.  

Just kiddin.  How about pranqster, old rasputin, quadruple, or allagash white...?

Trumer is indeed one of the best pilsener style beers available in Chicago. Maybe there is some truth to their marketing-spiel that their water makes the difference, and that beer is best when you don't ship it very far.

The Trumer you drink in the US is made in Berkeley, CA

h' said:

Duppie, have you ever tried Trumer Pilsener?

I had one from the tap at Piece last year and it was the first time I tasted anything like the Pilsener I remember from Germany in >15 years.

I've ordered a case of pints (the only way I could get it), Should be in Tuesday night. If you're still game six will go to you, I'll keep a few, and the rest will be for the Holidays, God Is Good!

I was kind of blown away-- I immediately thought it must be something elementai like the water used (I knew nothing about the beer other than that it was on special.)

Kind of like that thing about nobody being able to duplicate a New York bagel outside of NYC . . .

In other news, after all this time I've started to be able to source German red wine . . . even Trader Joe's has some now.

Duppie said:

Trumer is indeed one of the best pilsener style beers available in Chicago. Maybe there is some truth to their marketing-spiel that their water makes the difference, and that beer is best when you don't ship it very far.

The Trumer you drink in the US is made in Berkeley, CA

h' said:

Duppie, have you ever tried Trumer Pilsener?

I had one from the tap at Piece last year and it was the first time I tasted anything like the Pilsener I remember from Germany in >15 years.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service